facebook

Sometimes the property view is empty

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Matisse/Swing UI Development
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    currently i test the use of MyEclipse for our company.
    Until now we work with eclipse and netbeans, but it would be nice to use MyEclipse with Matisse4MyEclipse. So i try the demo version of MyEclipse Version 6.5.

We need Matisse for our gui development and i notice that very often the property view of gui elements are empty.

I test MyEclipse with Mantisse under SuSE Linux Version 10.3 and 11.0 with MyEclipse version 6.5 and eclipse 3.3.

I also see, that if i close all opened editor files, than it works fine for some time.
    But later i get the same problem.

Here is my Linux Version of my home computer:
    Linux linux-00fh 2.6.25.16-0.1-pae #1 SMP 2008-08-21 00:34:25 +0200 i686 athloni386 GNU/Linux. Linux Distribution is SuSE 11.0.

The Linux Version of my office computer is SuSE 10.3 with a dual core cpu.
    There i see the same mistake.

The Java Version is 1.5

On Monday i will test it again for Window XP, but i love linux.

Does anyone have a hint for me to solve the Mantisse problem?

With best regards

Jürgen

#289472 Reply

Loyal Water

Jurgen,
    Would it be possible for you to list down the steps to help me reproduce this issue at my end.

#289479 Reply

Hello Nipun,
    yesterday i have tested MyEclipse/Matisse under Windows XP and it works, but with Linux (SuSE 11.0 and SuSE 10.3) i have the described problem.

So which steps, i have done.

First i use a current customer project to see, if we can change to MyEclipse.
    There we have GUIs which are developed with netbeans 5.5 and netbeans 6.1.

Then i opened the netbeans form files and see the designer view of Matisse.

There i can select the gui elements and the property view is shown most of the times.
    I didn’t close the opened files.

After nearly ten guis opened, sometimes the property view is empty and is not refreshed.
    But not allways after ten guis. I see the mistake only sometimes.
    I know, that these mistakes are difficult to catch.

When i closed the opened files and reopened the not working file, i see the property view correct.

I didn’t see any problem in the log files: /var/log/messages or in the workspace/.metadata/.log

With best regards

Jürgen

#289505 Reply

Loyal Water

Jurgen,
    Your working with the 32 bit or 64 bit version of Linux?

Can you go to MyEclipse > Installation Summary > Installation Details and paste the information here for me.

#289573 Reply

The computer with SuSE 11.0 is a 32 bit version of Linux
    and the other computer with SuSE 10.3 is 64 bit version with additional 32 bit support of Linux.
    I have the problem on both systems.

#289583 Reply

Loyal Water

I’ll ask the dev team to look into this issue. Thank you for reporting this.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Sometimes the property view is empty

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in