facebook

source errors not showing/not deploying

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

jfaulkner

-I figured out what the problem is but the following information might help out others.

I’m not sure which forum this belongs in because this relates to wep app development and deployment.

This problem comes up frequently enough to be taking up a good amount of time. It also happens with about the same frequency to a coworker running the same versions.

MyEclipse 3.8.4
    Eclipse 3.0.2
    Deploying to JBoss 3.2.3
    Tomcat 4.1.x

After checking out or updating code from cvs I’m unable to deploy those changes or any other changes I make to the source. If I delete the deployed source then none of the src is deployed.

A red x will show on the project but not on any of the src files.

– What happens is the libraries that are in my build path that my source depends on become outdated. To solve the problem I remove the jars that the library point to then add them back again. I rebuilt the project although I’m not sure if this was necessary and then the src files are deployed.

Is this a myeclipse specific problem? It would be nice if the individual file that depends on the library code would show a validation error so I could tell which individual library jar needed to be updated. The library itself could show some sort of validation error if the library changed. Maybe this information is already available somewhere.

#227936 Reply

Riyad Kalla

This is Eclipse enforcing the up-to-datedness of your JARs. Rebuilding the JARs in your build path is a bit of a pain as you need to refresh/rebuild a lot for the changes to be synced with your workspace.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: source errors not showing/not deploying

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in