facebook

Spurious "result set is not updatable" messages?

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

weyus

Sometimes when I try to right click on a table in the DB explorer and choose “Edit Data” to view the table’s contents, I get a message that will say “Error: Cannot edit: the result set is not updatable”.

This will happen to me on very simple tables – like a table with one integer column.

I can see getting this error if I were to attempt to edit data from a read-only view or something, but that definitely is not the case here.

What causes this error and is there anything that I can do to make it stop happening?

Thanks,
    Wes

#287694 Reply

Loyal Water

Wes,
    This message is usually returned by the JDBC driver when its unable to retrieve the result. Can you try using another version of the JDBC driver and test this again. Let me know if it works for you.

#287702 Reply

weyus

Does it make sense that some tables would work and others would not under the same JDBC driver? That is the behavior that I’m seeing.

#287827 Reply

Loyal Water

Wes,
    I know your facing intermittent issues but this could be related to a corrupt driver. So just grab another version and quickly test this to make sure this is not a driver related issue.

Let me know what result you get.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Spurious "result set is not updatable" messages?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in