facebook

sql editor content assist with columns

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Scott Cote

Code completion is working, but I cannot get it to help me with the columns of a table. Is this a supported feature? If not, will it be? Am also looking for sql templates (mentioned elsewhere in the forum – similar to the capability of java templates).

SCott

#295813 Reply

rmcvay

Column completion generally works if you drill down all the way from the schema (schema.table. ) and sometimes works starting from the table (table. ) but I don’t recall it ever working for bare column names.

#295959 Reply

Scott Cote

@rmcvay wrote:

Column completion generally works if you drill down all the way from the schema (schema.table. ) and sometimes works starting from the table (table. ) but I don’t recall it ever working for bare column names.

I am aliasing my tables and trying to get the columns to complete from the alias. will try with no alias….

#296353 Reply

Scott Cote

Drilling from the table name works, drilling from the table alias does not work. Are there any plans to enhance the product so that I can drill from the alias? Any sql developer that is considered “good” will alias tables and reference the columns from the table alias as opposed to the table name (when writing a complex query).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: sql editor content assist with columns

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in