facebook

SQL Editor has no run icon in Mac OS Tiger

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

In the MyEclipse Database Explorer SQL Editor I don’t see the run icon (running man) or other icons? Should they be next to the “connected to **” pull down? There seems to be room for them there. Shift F9 invokes Mac’s Expose to show all open windows?? Am I looking in the wrong place?

#233206 Reply

Greg

This is a known issue on OS X for the 4.0M2 release. We should have it fixed for the next release. Sorry for in the inconvenience.

http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-7959.html

#233790 Reply

Jim Farley
    Participant

Is there any way to workaround this? Even something as simple as a command-key to invoke the SQL in an editor? I’d like to stick with the 4.0 milestones, but as it is I’ve had to revert to a SQL prompt rather than using the DB Explorer.

#233807 Reply

Greg

Unfortunately, no, there are no workarounds for running this action on OS X. We will have this rectified by the 4.0M3 release. Sorry for the inconveinence.

#234807 Reply

Jim Farley
    Participant

I just updated to 4.0M3, and still can’t run SQL statements in DB explorer SQL editors. Again, this is on MacOS, I haven’t checked Windows or Linux.

#234809 Reply

Jim Farley
    Participant

To clarify, there are no buttons appearing on the SQL editors, just the drop down to choose a connection for the editor. This is the same behavior seen in M2. I verified that I am indeed running M3 by checking the About.. window, plus a few other fixes are working (such as the editing of connection parameters) that were broken in M2.

#234814 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Jim,

This is still a known issue in 4.0M3, on the Mac platform only. We’re targeting a reimplementation that will work around this Eclipse SWT issue for 4.0 GA on 8/29. Sorry for the inconvenience in the interim.

#234822 Reply

Jim Farley
    Participant

I’ll have to look for a more permanent alternate solution, I think. This problem breaks the “integrated” aspect of the environment pretty significantly for me, since as it stands I can inspect the database structure in MyEclipse, but then I have to go to an outside tool to inspect actual data and experiment with queries, then back into MyEclipse to bind queries in Hibernate, etc. I was really counting on the earlier promise that this was slated for a fix in M3, too bad it got dropped for some reason.

#234868 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Jim,

I was really counting on the earlier promise that this was slated for a fix in M3, too bad it got dropped for some reason.

It wasn’t alone in getting pushed to the GA build. It was simply a matter of the available manpower with Mac experience. We’ll definately get it for 4.0GA on 8/29. It’s only two weeks, but I understand the disappointment with the slippage. We were all disappointed as well, but after working the dev team a two 7 day weeks of 20 hour days, we just had to draw a line. Some things just had to give so no one would die.

#235295 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Jim,

Just an update – I saw the bug resolved as *FIXED* today in bugzilla so it will definately be in the 4.0GA build on 8/29.

#235304 Reply

Jim Farley
    Participant

Looking forward to it.

#235426 Reply

davidcox66

I just downloaded (and unfortunately paid for) myeclipse. The only feature I was currently intested in was the integreated SQL editor. After about 30 frustrating minutes wondering where the execute sql button was and why something so simple could be this difficult I searched on google which led me here. What a terrible first impression. This stinks!

#235428 Reply

Brian Fernandes

David,

We understand your frustation. Rest assured, that bug has already been fixed and tested as Scott mentioned above. The release with this fix will be MyEclipse 4.0 GA and it will be available on 8/29.
    Please note that all MyEclipse 4.0 builds made available so far are Milestone builds, not GA releases.

If it is an option for you, you can downoad MyEclipse 3.8.4 for Eclipse 3.0.2 (this version of MyEclipse will not work for Eclipse 3.1), where the SQL Editor works as expected.

Sorry for the inconvenience once again,
    Best,
    Brian.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
Reply To: SQL Editor has no run icon in Mac OS Tiger

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in