facebook

SQL Editor windows.. no connection dropdowns

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

eludwig

Hi all,

Quick question. I am a new recent subscriber and I love the job you guys have done, *especially* with the deployments and appserver support!!

Anyway, to the problem. I have created a connection to an oracle database (thin driver) which works perfectly. I have the metadata for my schema loading with a filter and this all works a champ. What isn’t working is the sql editor. It works ok if I right click a table and chose “Generate SELECT in SQL Editor”. A new editor window opens and the execute button (running man) is highlighted. I can execute SQL and the results are in the result window no problem. There are no dropdowns however.. just gray lines where they would be. Autocompletion is not working either.

If I open a new sql editor using “File > New > SQL Editor” it gets worse. I have no dropdowns and the running man is grayed out. The widow is completely useless. There are still plain gray lines where the dropdowns should be.. just no dropdowns.

Any thoughts on this? I am using the Mac version of Eclipse. I have the latest OSX and the latest MyEclipse.

Thanks, and again: great job on this!!

Ed

#227172 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ed,
    IIRC this was an SWT issue on Mac with the dropdown widgets crapping out on their size calculations, lemme double check with our dev and see if we had a workaround.

#227178 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ugg, Ed unfortunately SWT seems to be a second class citizen on Linux and Mac, I got this back from our Mac dev:

There may be a workaround we can put in, but we’ll have to investigate for
    the next release. Right now, there are 113 SWT bugs specifically on the
    Macintosh listed at Eclipse.org.

So it is actually SWT’s problem, but we will take a look and see if we can help it. Let’s hope this is fixed in 3.1.

#227179 Reply

eludwig

Riyad,

Ok.. as long as it is a known issue. Certainly not a showstopper.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Ed

#232773 Reply

huhao98

In the eclipse 3.1 MAC release, the SWT dropdown issue has been resolved.

However, the tool icon (eg. the run, load and save) in the SQL editor is disappeared. Not sure it is the SQL editor problem or another MAC SWT problem.

#232795 Reply

Greg

The missing icons in the SQL Editor are a known issue in the 4.0M2/E3.1 release on OS X. We have it marked in our PR system as a high priority item. It will be fixed in the next milestone release. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: SQL Editor windows.. no connection dropdowns

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in