facebook

Startup problem: Workspace in use, choose a different one

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

monocongo

I modified my preferences so that all editors would be closed upon exit. I then restarted Eclipse and I now get the following message when I choose the workspace directory that I’ve been using for months:

Workspace in use, choose a different one

I assume that one of my startup files is corrupted, but I have no idea which one and I don’t want to shoot myself in the foot my mucking with things before asking the experts here. Any ideas of what I might do to get past this hurdle, which is keeping me from doing any work at all ? I have tried starting with another workspace directory and then changing it, but I get the same error message (a little different wording but the gist is the same — that workspace is currently being used).

What started all of ths is that I often have flakey behavior with Eclipse/MyEclipse when editing XML files — colorization of XML entries starts to go crazy, such as changing colors in the middle of an element name or value; the editor writes characters in backwards order from what I type; modifying the file doesn’t activate the save button, etc. This is sometimes remedied for a while if I restart Eclipse. Maybe it has something to do with the current start up trouble ?

I am now dead in the water, so a big thanks in advance for any help getting my Eclipse/MyEclipse started again using the correct workspace directory.

–James

Platform Details:

Windows XP SP2

Eclipse Platform
    Version: 3.0.1
    Build id: 200409161125

MyEclipse Help Documentation
    Version: 3.8.4
    Build id: 200501171200-3.8.4

#226089 Reply

monocongo

I resorted to rebooting my machine, and now the trouble is over.

I’ll post about the XML editing problems later. Thanks.

–James

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Startup problem: Workspace in use, choose a different one

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in