facebook

Strange Tomcat 5.5 Error on Push Button Restart

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

jieryn

Greetings,

I’m having some problems when push-button restarting Tomcat. I am not sure what leads up to the following error message being displayed in a popup, but I am forced to restart Eclipse to fix it (and even then, sometimes it does not go away on the first restart). This is a critical problem for me.

A configuration error occured during startup. Please verify the preference field with the prompt: ERROR: transport error 202: connect failed: Connection refused ["transport.c",L41]

ERROR: JDWP Transport dt_socket failed to initialize, TRANSPORT_INIT(510) ["debugInit.c",L500]

JDWP exit error JVMTI_ERROR_INTERNAL(113): No transports initialized

MyEclipse++ 🙂

#261503 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Hmm, the problem with transports can be caused by JDK version, firewall settings or ports being blocked. That being said, we had a bug in 5.0.1 where restarting an app server could lead to a BindException because the restart was executed before the shutdown was confirmed to be done. In 5.0.3 this has been fixed, and might magically resolve this issue.

#261510 Reply

jieryn

I see that I’m at version 5.0, but can’t seem to locate a link for 5.0.3. Where may I find it? THX!

#261520 Reply

Riyad Kalla

We haven’t released it yet, and as it turns out, it will be version 5.1. We will have it out Monday.

#261521 Reply

jieryn

I’ve just updated to Tomcat-5.20 and am still seeing the problem. I sincerely hope this is solved in the MyEclipse 5.0.3 because right now (My)Eclipse is near useless to me.

#261541 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Our of curiosity, what JDK did you configure the Tomcat connector to run with? (The full version please, like 1.5.0_03?)

#261564 Reply

jieryn

1.5.0_09

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
Reply To: Strange Tomcat 5.5 Error on Push Button Restart

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in