facebook

Subscription error

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I installed MyEclipse but cannot add my subscription information.

* Using pull-down menu MyEclipse – Subscription Information…… does nothing.
    * Going to Window – Preferences – MyEclipse – Subscription throws an error “Contains invalid values”. Nothing happens when clicking on button “Enter Subscription…..”.

I’m using Eclipse 3.8.2 per the installation instructions.

But, when I searched for the ‘Classic’ Eclipse 3.8.2 package only newer version advertised – found a package for 3.8.2 on eclipse.org but don’t know if this is the required ‘Classic’ version.

Restarting Eclipse doesn’t solve problem.

Help! Can’t get project done without activating MyEclipse.

I have a valid subscription (Professonal) active thru mid summer 2014.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

George

#343687 Reply

support-swapna

George,

Sorry that you are seeing issues.

I have installed MyEclipse 2013 SR2 on top of Eclipse 3.8.2 Classic and it works fine for me.
    I picked up Eclipse 3.8.2 from here :
    http://archive.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.8.2-201301310800/

1. Do you see any other issues working with the IDE or the only issue is with the Subscription Information?

2. Can you try deleting the .myeclipse.properties (located in your home folder) file which stores the license information, restart the IDE and then try entering the subscription info ? Once activation is done, check the .myeclipse.properties for updated subscription information.

3. If the issue persists,can you please try switching to a new workspace , start the IDE with -clean args and see if the issue persists? Please attach the contents of the .log file which is located at <workspace dir>/.metadata/.log if there are any errors of interest logged.

4. If the issue persists, can you try downloading Eclipse 3.8.2 from the above site and install MyEclipse using the update site ?

Let us know how it works for you.

#343967 Reply

Polser

I have the same problem.

1. Do you see any other issues working with the IDE or the only issue is with the Subscription Information?
    -> this is the only issue

2. Can you try deleting the .myeclipse.properties (located in your home folder) file which stores the license information, restart the IDE and then try entering the subscription info ? Once activation is done, check the .myeclipse.properties for updated subscription information.
    -> issue persists

3. If the issue persists,can you please try switching to a new workspace , start the IDE with -clean args and see if the issue persists? Please attach the contents of the .log file which is located at <workspace dir>/.metadata/.log if there are any errors of interest logged.
    -> issue persists, I attached the contents of the log file

Is it possible to repair the .myeclipse.properties ?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #343993 Reply

support-swapna

Polser,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

1. Are you seeing exactly the same problem as the previous user? Can you please confirm that you can use the IDE for normal development work?

2.Can you please clarify if you have used the correct Eclipse distribution as pointed in my earlier response?

3. Did you install MyEclipse using the Archived Update site or the Update Site? If its the Archived Update Site, can you please verify if the MD5 matches with the one listed on the Downloads page? For your convenience , I am listing it here :
    MD5: 1dec7308dd6675692c906a40b137a819
    File size: ~ 881mb

4. Please check if the process used to run MyEclipse has access to the .myeclipse.properties file.

5. Please send us the full .log file for further investigation along with your OS details and version.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Subscription error

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in