facebook

subscription info lost on XP

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. UML Development
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

tmesdp3

Each time I start Eclipse, MyEclipse prompts me to re-enter my subscription details.

Both eclipse and my eclipse where clean manual install. I am reusing my previous workspace from eclipse 3.0.2 and myeclipse 4.0M2. I tried using a new workspace but that did not fix the problem. Another person tried it on his system and has the same problem.

Details:
    My eclipse 4.0M3
    Eclipse 3.1

Bellow is the .log file (two sessions, in each one I entered the subscription). Nothing special in it.

Thanks,
    Alex.

!SESSION 2005-08-18 19:18:49.387 ———————————————–
    eclipse.buildId=I20050627-1435
    java.version=1.4.2_08
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
    Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.core 1 0 2005-08-18 19:19:05.570
    !MESSAGE
    Your trial period has expired.
    Please select either the ‘Purchase’ button to buy or renew
    your subscription code, or the ‘Enter’ button if you’ve
    received a new code and need to input it.

INVALID USER SUBSCRIPTION: Please check Window->Preferences->MyEclipse->Subscription to ensure that your subscription data is entered correctly and has not expired.
    !SESSION 2005-08-18 19:19:58.166 ———————————————–
    eclipse.buildId=I20050627-1435
    java.version=1.4.2_08
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
    Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.core 1 0 2005-08-18 19:20:33.116
    !MESSAGE
    Your trial period has expired.
    Please select either the ‘Purchase’ button to buy or renew
    your subscription code, or the ‘Enter’ button if you’ve
    received a new code and need to input it.

INVALID USER SUBSCRIPTION: Please check Window->Preferences->MyEclipse->Subscription to ensure that your subscription data is entered correctly and has not expired.

#235262 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Hmm, this is a known issue on OS X and Linux (and is fixed in internal builds) but there isn’t a known issue on Windows, unless your user dir doesn’t have proper permissions to write out this subscription information.

On the machine you are using MyEclipse, do you have write permission to your C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name> directory?

Have you tried restarting with the -clean option to make sure the workspace is cleaned out?

#235292 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

While in Eclipse, can you navigate to Help > About Eclipse SDK > Configuration Details. In the configuration details there should be a variable called “user.home”. A workaround to the issue on other platforms is to create the directory that’s at <user.home>\user, substituting whatever user.home points to, of course. Once that’s done, try resaving the key and restarting. Did that correct the issue? What was user.home set to?

#235298 Reply

fbascheper

Hi,

I had the exact same problem in Win XP with SP1 and creating this directory solved it.
    I found this very frustrating !!!

Glad you guys solved it..

#235303 Reply

tmesdp3

Hi,

Creating the <user.home>\user folder solved the problem. (I had tried it before but was using the wrong user.home value).

Thanks for the quick reply.

#235324 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Guys sorry you are running into this, on all of our development machines the dir existed, so we forgot to check for it’s existence and create it if it wasn’t there. This has been fixed innternally and will be in our next release. (4.0 GA)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: subscription info lost on XP

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in