facebook

Subscription problem – URI has an authority component

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

I’ve just downloaded fresh MyEclipse, did a clean install (including new workspace, new eclipse, new MyEclipse (install by hand)), and tried to enter licence key…

… and stumbled on “URI has an authority component” error.

In log there is:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2005-08-22 10:33:17.781
    !MESSAGE Unhandled event loop exception

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 0 2005-08-22 10:33:17.791
    !MESSAGE URI has an authority component
    !STACK 0
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI has an authority component
        at java.io.File.<init>(Unknown Source)
    <stack elideded by admin>

I’ve got two licence keys, one my private (does not work), and one corporate (does not work also).

Any help would be… well… helpfull…

#235432 Reply

fduchaussoy

Got this also. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, it didn’t make any difference… can someone help

#235435 Reply

rossmcwattie

I am also getting this, new installation 3.1 Eclipse and MyEclipse Build id: 20050808-4.0-Milestone-3.

#235454 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

This is likely a side-effect of a license key saving bug in 4.0M3. The bug and workaround are documented here: http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-8525.html

Can you try the workaround and see if it resolve the issue? If it doesn’t, can you please post all the information we request in the [URL=http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-393.html]Posting Guidelines[/URL] thread at the top of this forum? That will give us some context so we can investigate further.

#235459 Reply

fduchaussoy

The workaround is for Linux/Mac users. I am on Windows XP Pro SP1.
    I run:
    – Eclipse V3.1.0 Build id: I20050627-1435
    – MyEclipse Version 3.9.310 Build id: 20050808-4.0-Milestone-3 (Uninstalled the previous version and install this new version).
    The problem occured for me when I used the Eclipse update manager to grab the latest version of MyEclipse.

#235460 Reply

rossmcwattie

I am also using Windows XP Pro SP1

#235473 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Sorry, but the problem has also been reported on a few instances of XP. Can you try the directory creation workaround as documented, based on the “user.home” setting that Eclipse displays in the configuration details and see if that resolves the issue?

#235478 Reply

rossmcwattie

User home set to

user.home=\\gandalf\redirect$\rmcwattie

Stopped Eclipse

created directory user

Restarted eclipse and entered subscription details, still get the same problem

#235482 Reply

Riyad Kalla

This should be fixed in 4.0 GA next week, we are sorry for the trouble, in our initial testing pass we didn’t account for remote dirs like this.

#235509 Reply

rossmcwattie

Fair enough, thanks for the quick response.

#235754 Reply

I got the same Problem in WinXP SP1, but it is not possible to wait until 4.0 is published.
    Is it possible to do a workaround? Where can I find the user.home directory?

greetings

#235774 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Where can I find the user.home directory?

Go to Help > About > COnfiguration Details, scroll down until you find user.home property within the first 50 lines.

#235855 Reply

Hi rkalla!

thx for responding, but there was no chance to get it work. I think thats because of the remotedirectory location.
    So I deinstalled eclipse, and installed the origin one (M2). But nothing worked. 🙁
    I need to “install” eclipse again (unpacked it), and installed MyEclipse again. No it works with the old release (M2). So I think, i will wait for the final release. 😉

greetings
    Martin

#235880 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Martin,
    Just a few more hours until 4.0 GA, when you do install the new GA release, please be sure to use Eclipse 3.1 GA as well (final release). I’m sorry you’ve had to juggle installs like this to get it working, but it should be working in a few hours.

#279913 Reply

bselack

I’m having the same issue on a few .jsp files in:
    Version: 6.0.1 GA
    Build id: 6.0.1-GA-200710

Is there another workaround?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
Reply To: Subscription problem – URI has an authority component

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in