facebook

Sun Application Server

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

bort

Hi all

I’m thinking of investing in a MyEclipse membership. But, before I do, I need to find out if there is support for Sun Application Server?

tia
    bort

#207294 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I need to find out if there is support for Sun Application Server?

Bort, good timing. Our 2.8 release (currently we have released Beta 1) just added support for the Sun App Server.

#207301 Reply

bort

That’s great. I’ve just installed 2.8 (Beta 1) on top of my Eclipse 2.1.0 installation, and I can see the Sun App Server options in the Preferences -> MyEclipse window.

Next question is, where can I find the documentation that shows how to start and stop the App Server from within the IDE?

bort

#207302 Reply

Greg

Bort,

Have a look out our tutorials page. http://www.myeclipseide.com/ContentExpress-display-ceid-16.html. Try the “Web development” flash demo at the top for a quick “how-to”. That demo covers more than just starting and stoping the appserver but it shows starting the appserver after developing a test web application. The demo uses Tomcat, but you can use Sun One, just ensure that your Sun One server is configued and enabled in the MyEclipse AppServer preferences. Go to Window -> Preferences -> MyEclipse -> Application Servers -> Sun One 8. And then enter the configuration settings and click the “Enable” radio button and select OK.

Then you should be able to follow the rest of the web development tutorial to get up and running. And since your using Sun One 8, you should be able to take advantage of MyEclipse JSP Debugging capabilities, very nice.

One more note: When configuring your Sun One server, be sure and expand out the Sun One heading and select the JDK item. Make sure that it has a full jdk configured not just a JRE. The appserver must be launched with a JDK.

#207303 Reply

bort

Ok… let’s take a step back.

I can’t seem to get Appserver up and running yet through Eclipse. Currently, the exception I’m getting is:

Could not load Logmanager “com.sun.enterprise.server.logging.ServerLogManager”
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.enterprise.server.logging.ServerLogManager
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:198)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:186)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:299)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:265)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:255)
    at java.util.logging.LogManager.<clinit>(LogManager.java:141)
    at java.lang.System.initializeSystemClass(System.java:882)
    java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/enterprise/server/PEMain
    Exception in thread “main”

My guess is that I’m missing the JAR that has the ServerLogManager class within it. Does anyone know what JAR that is?

bort

#207305 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Please post all your app server settings for us to look at.

#207306 Reply

bort

Sun One Server: Enable
    Home Directory: C:\Sun\AppServer7
    Configuration Directory: C:\Sun\AppServer7\config
    Server Name: server1
    Domain Name: domain1
    Domain Directory: C:\Sun\AppServer7\domains\domain1
    Optional Program Arguments:

Sun JDK name: j2sdk1.4.1_02

Sun One Launch Mode: Debug mode

Prepend to classpath: {all jars in the C:\Sun\AppServer\lib directory}

#207307 Reply

bort

I just noticed that I also get the an error message dialog box popping up:

Java Virtual Machine Launcher: Could not find the main class. Program will exit!

#207308 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Bort,

The problem is that you’re trying to run Sun One 7 and we only support Sun One 8. We chose version 8 at Sun’s request since it supports Java Server Faces and JSR-045 so we can provide source level JSP debugging.

#207309 Reply

bort

Ah… that would answer the problem.

Thanks for your help… and don’t worry, I still may make the extrordinary large investment of $30 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Sun Application Server

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in