facebook

Sun Application Server 9: Keystore was tampered with …

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Rob Conaway

I’m trying to start Sun App Server 9 from MyEclipse 5.1.0. I can successfully deploy a simple application from MyEclipse to the application server and start the server from the command prompt. But when I try to start the server from MyEclipse, I get the following exception:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Keystore was tampered with, or password was incorrect

It looks like this is a persistent problem because I have seen several other similar posts, but none of them were resolved. Part of my problem is that I’m new to the App Server 9. I’m mostly using it so I can go through the Java EE 5 tutorial. This is a fresh installation of App Server 9, with the default passwords, and no configuration other than what happened during installation. There is no mention of passwords in the app server configuration dialogs within MyEclipse.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rob

Here is the complete error message with stack dump from the app server log:

#|2007-03-08T16:42:44.312-0500|WARNING|sun-appserver-pe9.0|javax.enterprise.system.stream.err|_ThreadID=10;_ThreadName=main;_RequestID=70c2b22d-e026-4bd7-9afe-b58799f31c13;|java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
        at com.sun.enterprise.security.SecurityLifecycle.onInitialization(SecurityLifecycle.java:85)
        at com.sun.enterprise.server.ApplicationServer.onInitialization(ApplicationServer.java:238)
        at com.sun.enterprise.server.ondemand.OnDemandServer.onInitialization(OnDemandServer.java:93)
        at com.sun.enterprise.server.PEMain.run(PEMain.java:316)
        at com.sun.enterprise.server.PEMain.main(PEMain.java:260)
    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Keystore was tampered with, or password was incorrect
        at com.sun.enterprise.security.SecuritySupportImpl.loadStores(SecuritySupportImpl.java:98)
        at com.sun.enterprise.security.SecuritySupportImpl.<init>(SecuritySupportImpl.java:66)
        at com.sun.enterprise.security.SecuritySupportImpl.<init>(SecuritySupportImpl.java:61)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:494)
        at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:350)
        at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:303)
        at com.sun.enterprise.pluggable.PluggableFeatureFactoryBaseImpl.invoke(PluggableFeatureFactoryBaseImpl.java:71)
        at $Proxy0.getSecuritySupport(Unknown Source)
        at com.sun.enterprise.security.SecurityUtil.getSecuritySupport(SecurityUtil.java:356)
        at com.sun.enterprise.security.SSLUtils.<clinit>(SSLUtils.java:89)
        ... 5 more
    |#]

#267206 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I know the threads you are talking about, I believe in a few of them I mentioned people possibly setting up the wrong directories in the connectors and then I didn’t hear from them again… so maybe that is the issue.

Does your app server connector look roughly like this:
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-13940.html

#267218 Reply

Rob Conaway

Yes, my connector looks something like your example. In particular, there is a config directory in the right place and the server and domain names are correct. Another confirmation is that the app deploys correctly from MyEclipse. If I run the app server from the command line, the deployed app works correctly. It’s only when I try to start the app server from MyEclipse that I have problems.

Note that I’m using the bundled tools version of the server. This installs into c:\sun\sdk. Would it help for me to try the stand-alone installation of the app server?

#267219 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Note that I’m using the bundled tools version of the server. This installs into c:\sun\sdk. Would it help for me to try the stand-alone installation of the app server?

Yes, please actually. Sometimes it can be little install differences that we aren’t aware of that can cause the issue. Also, I’m assuming you are using version 9.0 or 9.0u1 (update 1) is that the case or are you using a different release?

#267233 Reply

Rob Conaway

I downloaded the stand-alone version of the server and everything works as expected, now. Here is some extra information for anyone having this problem. I don’t have time to really pin it down, but maybe what I do know will help somebody else.

At first I was using the bundled tool version. This installs the app server in c:\sun\sdk and uses port 8080 (http) and 4848 (admin) as expected. MyEclipse had trouble running this server as described in earlier posts.

I downloaded the stand-alone version of the server. This installed in c:\sun\AppServer and uses port 4408 (http) and 4409 (admin). This works find with MyEclipse. I started the server, deployed an app, and stopped at a breakpoint. I haven’t done anything else to validate it, but this is a good indication everything is OK.

I don’t know why it installed at ports 4408/4409 instead of 8080/4848 as documented in the tutorial. Perhaps it saw the existing installation in c:\sun\sdk and avoided the ports in that installation. I did NOT have an app server running when I installed the stand-alone version.

I changed the ports on the c:\sun\AppServer installation to 8080/4848 and everything still works fine.

Conclusion: the tools bundle does something different, but I can’t tell you exactly what.

Riyad, thanks for the help. I realize these problems are hard to track down because you don’t have control of the app servers.

#267288 Reply

Riyad Kalla

rconaway,
    We really appreciate you following up for others that run into a similar situation.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Sun Application Server 9: Keystore was tampered with …

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in