facebook

Support for joined-subclass

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    I saw in a previous topics that joined-subclass wasn’t supported but that this feature should be added in “one release or 2″… This was in 2004….
    It seems joined-subclass is still NOT supported !!! Is it right ? Is there a plan to add this feature soon ;o)))

Thanks
    Veronique

#270635 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Veronique,

We currently do not generate joined-subclasses during reverse engineering.

Could you point us to the posts you were referring to so we may have a better idea of exactly what support you would like?

Thanks.

#270659 Reply

My apologies, the topic was post in 2006 (2004 was the moderator Joined date). Here is the <a href=”https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/support-for-joined-subclass/&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=joinedsubclass”&gt; link to this post</a>

My problem is : I have in the DB a table, let say, Person with an auto-increment ID and another table Customer with an assigned ID which is also a foreign key on Person ID. What I’d like is 2 Java Object Person and Customer and that Customer inherit from Person.

This was possible with hibernateSynchronizer using joined subclass. And this feature is important because some other table have columns which reference a “Person” but it could be a Person or a Customer …. So I need the inheritance in Java !

Do you plan to support joined-subclass soon ? Is there a way to generate this inheritance using an other way ?

thanks for your help
    Regards
    Veronique

#270748 Reply

Oooooppppppssssss !!!!!!
    I had another problem in my hbm so the classes was not generated and when I saw the post I thought the problem was there !!!! But in an other project it works and I found the “other” problem !!!!

Again sorry for this post send too early !!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Support for joined-subclass

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in