facebook

Sybase Connection Error

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

rockyhunt

Hi. I am currently trying to use MyEclipse to connect to Sybase. I am getting error: JZ00L Login failed. Examine the SQLWarnings chained to this exception for the reason(s).
    From searching online I believe I have to find the log files to determine what exactly is happening and in order to try and find the “SQLWarnings” but I am having no luck.
    Does anyone know where I can locate these? Also, if anyone has any ideas about how to get rid of this error it would be greatly appreciated, because I am going crazy over this and am about to throw my machine out the window. Thanks

#237013 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Rocky,

Can you please answer all the relevant question in Posting Guidelines at the top of this forum? That will help us run down your issue quickly.

The log file is located here: <workspace folder>/.metadata/.log

What driver are you using to connect to Sybase, are you sure your connect string is correct, can you paste it here please?
    Also, have you managed to connect to the database from the same machine outside MyEclipse? (Java program or command line tool, etc.)

I looked up JZ00L and it looks like you could have a problem with your username, password or you are being refused a connection to the database for some other reason (max connection limit, open cursors, etc.).
    If possible, you could try restarting the database and see if you can connect to it.

Best,
    Brian.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Sybase Connection Error

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in