facebook

Sybase: sp_who command from DB Explorer

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello,

I’ve just installed MyEclipse and I try to asset the possibilities of the DB Explorer. We are using Sybase as the DB Server and I would like to migrate all our developers to DB Explorer. I was just testing simple admin commands like sp_who but they are not working? Any ideas, please?
    Another interesting feature would be the possibility to right click on a sql file, select the database and inject the entire file into that database. Is this already on your TODO list?

Thank you for your help.
    Alex.

#220321 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Alex,
    What version of sybase and what version of the driver are you using? Also what is the sp_who command? How can our DB dev duplicate what you are seeing in step-by-step instructions?

#220332 Reply

Hello,

We are using Sybase 12.5 and the associated JConnect 5.5 driver which works very well. I have no problem running ‘normal’ SQL commands (have to test the stored procedures), I just wanted to test if I can run admin commands also and we might migrate all the developers on DB Explorer.
    I guess that ‘SQL Results’ can only display grid-like list of results. Am I right? When I run commands like sp_help, sp_who, etc nothing appears in the SQL Results view.

sp_who
    Reports information on all users and applications that have connected to your SQL server process.

sp_help [<object>]
    Provides information about a database object. For a table or view, it lists the schema. If <object> is a stored procedure, the parameters of the stored procedure are listed, with their datatypes. If no object is given, all database objects are listed.

Thank you,
    Alex.

#220540 Reply

support-jeff

Alex –

DB Explorer is a SQL execution platform – just uses standard JDBC to run legal SQL for the given target rdbms. Unless the command can be resolved to something the driver can send as a statement, and get a ResultSet back, its unlikely we can support this.

As for opening a *.sql file and running it’s contents, you are already able to do so, as long as the file is in an eclipse project.

#227586 Reply

I think the problem is that it does not deal with multiple result sets on the connection.

#227587 Reply

I mean, DBExplorer is probably just taking the first result set it finds and trying to display it in the result grid. Better behaviour would be to take all the result sets and display each of them in a result grid. Maybe group the multiple grids inside their own tabbed pane so its obvious they all came back at once?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Sybase: sp_who command from DB Explorer

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in