facebook

Table Info view in 3.8.4 M7

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

thurin

Using a fresh install of 3.8.4 M7 on a fresh install of M7 on XP Pro SP2 with JDK 1.5.0.3.

The Table Info view in Database Explorer is sized very small. I can see about 6 tabs with the right/left arrows to cycle through the tabs. I can see the header row and scroll bars but no actual data. I’ve tried everything I can think of to get the table to maximize within the view but cannot figure it out. The SQL Results view works fine.

Any Ideas? I can post a screenshot if necessary.

#229908 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Please post a screenshot, always easier to show developers.

#229943 Reply

thurin

Here’s a screenshot:

#229946 Reply

Riyad Kalla

thurin,
    Your original report was for Windows XP Pro, now you are showing a screenshot of what seems to be OS X (unless you have Windows Blinds or other themeing engine installed?)

There are known sizing issues with SWT on OS X, we will look into this, but the other sizing issues (Buttons, Checkboxes, etc.) are actually issues with SWT itself on Mac, not much we can do. Unfortunately SWT on any platform besides Windows seems to be a second class citizen.

#229971 Reply

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem. I have two environments; First is Windows XP SP2 / JDK 5 eclipse 3.1 M7 and the second Linux Suse 9.3 / JDK 5 / eclipse 3.1 M7 and on both OS I have the same behavior !
    All are fresh install.

Any Idea ?

Thanks in advance,

#229976 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I was able to reproduce this and will file a bug ASAP, sorry for the inconvenience.

#229981 Reply

thurin

@support-rkalla wrote:

thurin,
    Your original report was for Windows XP Pro, now you are showing a screenshot of what seems to be OS X (unless you have Windows Blinds or other themeing engine installed?)

There are known sizing issues with SWT on OS X, we will look into this, but the other sizing issues (Buttons, Checkboxes, etc.) are actually issues with SWT itself on Mac, not much we can do. Unfortunately SWT on any platform besides Windows seems to be a second class citizen.

Yep – this is WinXP with Windowblinds. Thanks for reproducing and filing the bug.

#230244 Reply

thurin

Is this something that is planned on being fixed in a 3.8.4 M7 patch or possibly in 4.0 M2 (assuming 4.0 M2 supports 3.1 M7 as previously stated)? This bug severely limits my use of the DB explorer.

#230246 Reply

Riyad Kalla

No ETA yet, the fact that it worked fine for all these releases and just blew up with M7 makes us think there was an API change or default bhavior change in the Eclipse API, we’ll look into it.

#230260 Reply

John

How can we check this bug to see its status, as it effectively eliminates the usefulness of the DB Explorer for some of us?

#230262 Reply

John

Actuallly, it isn’t all that bad. If you are used to using the Table Info -> Preview you can get the same effect using the
    Generate SQL mode. (i.e. do a select on the table and run it).

There, happy again 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Table Info view in 3.8.4 M7

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in