facebook

Tapestry TemplateEditor

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. UML Development
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

I have just started playing around with the tapestry support in m2 and have a query about the tapestry template editor.

I am used to using the html editor for creating my pages with it great autocomplete and formatting features and wonder why the tapestry editor was not built into that. Currently I have to switch between the two one to design the pages and the other to add the tapestry attributes and check the page is valid.

I am very new to tapestry so it may not be possible or desirable to combine the two editors but to me it seems like two should be merged.

#233932 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I am looking intot his.

#233939 Reply

Riyad Kalla

At the current time this is the correct way to develop Tapestry in MyEclipse. In a future release, if user demand warrents it, we will streamline this integration.

#234152 Reply

jasoncwarner

The reason why I bought a license for MyEclipse, and why I am recommending my work buy multiple licenses for MyEclipse is because we are going to be a full blown Tapestry shop. I think there are several things that can be done with MyEclipse to streamline Tapestry development.

1. Further integration with the HTML/Spindle Spec editor. If one were to make a component in teh html page, it would be fantastic if at least a template were created in the .page.

2. Possibly some sort of drag-and-drop functionality (please see the Tapestry Palette provide by MJ Henderson at http://tapestrypalette.mjhenderson.com/ )

All in all, and I may be in the minority here, but Tapestry is the future for J2EE apps. JSF is nice, but Tapestry is more robust, more mature and just plain more usable.

jason

#234155 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Jason,
    Both of these items are on our todo list, thank you for confirming that they are what our users want. For 5.0 we are refocusing our efforts on the core of ME and our JSF toolset, (this was planned way back when) but after that point if user demand is there we will do a swing back across the tapestry tools and improve them.

Another way to make sure these features get in is if your company wanted to, it’s possible to fund that development by way of purchasing X number of subscriptions where X would be decided by conversations between your company and our management team. This has been a boon for some of our corporate contracts that needed features and couldn’t wait for them. Please let me know if this is a path you would like to take I can get you contact information for someone on our team to handle this for you.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Tapestry TemplateEditor

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in