facebook

Team Collaboration Free for MyEclipse users …says expired

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

gcstang

I have this in my Collaboration window :
    Pulse team collaboration tools (a $60/year value) are provided free of charge to MyEclipse subscribers, so you are already good to go!

When I signed into my account it tells me that my Team Collaboration demo has expired…isn’t this suppose to be free?

#307116 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

gcstang,

Pulse provides team collaboration capabilities for any software profile you use, including MyEclipse. However, we’ve ensured that all MyEclipse users can always use this feature free of charge. That’s why within MyEclipse you see that collaboration is available. However, within the Pulse Explorer the message refers to the ability to enable team collaboration with *any* profile, not just MyEclipse. So, in reality, both message are correct. Within Pulse, your trial has expired so you won’t be able to use the team collaboration features with any profile *except* MyEclipse-based ones (since the feature is always included for them).

The net result is that if you’re collaborating with a MyEclipse-based profile it will always work. If you’re collaborating with a non-MyEclipse-based profile you’ll need to purchase a Pulse Freelance Team subscription after the trial period has ended in order to continue collaborating outside of MyEclipse-based profiles.

#307130 Reply

gcstang

Is there a way to reset the login? I entered a profile I was using but it was old…I want to change it to the one I should have entered but I don’t see a way to update my login inside MyEclipse under Collaboration.

Thank you,

#307133 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

gcstang,

When you first collaborate you’re prompted to associate the MyEclipse installation with an account. However, within MyEclipse there isn’t a way to change that. This is a simplification of the experience so that MyEclipse users don’t need to know about Pulse. However, since you’re already an existing Pulse user, you can launch the Pulse Explorer and log in with the account you’d prefer then create the profile using that account.

#307170 Reply

gcstang

What I ended up doing:
    1. Install MyEclipse 8.5 Full
    2. Signed into Collaboration but kept getting error so it wouldn’t let me use the account (have an image if you want it)
    3. Opened Pulse Explorer from my User Profile : Genuitec\Pulse Explorer\pulse-explorer.exe
    4. Changed dropdown at the top left to Eclipse 3.5 – Galileo
    5. Selected MyEclipse 8.5 and click on the green arrow
    6. It created a new profile for me on my local install
    7. Configured the new profile as I wanted, upon restart it defaulted to my (default) profile
    8. Reconfigured my default profile
    9. Signed into Collaboration with my account and it worked this time
    10. Under my “My Profiles” in Pulse Explorer it added a new MyEclipse 8.5 Profile which I’m now using

Not easy but it worked, if I didn’t do this procedure it wouldn’t let me into my account since I was testing with MyEclipse M2 and the Team Collab expired on the 29th, it didn’t care that I signed in through Collaboration on MyEclipse. I was simply told that I need to enable Team Collaboration or the account wouldn’t work, but the only options besides above was to pay for it (suppose to be free with MyEclipse).

Hope this helps someone else and if there is an easier method, by all means post it.

Thank you,

#307209 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

gcstang,

Well, I’m glad you got it working. 🙂

On step 2, we would like to see the screenshot. Can you send it along with the URL for this thread to us via email at support at myeclipseide dot com?

Thanks for posting all these steps for any others that experience a similar issue. Hopefully we can determine what went wrong with your first try from the screenshot.

#307221 Reply

gcstang

Sent the email.

Thank you

#307267 Reply

support-joy

gcstang,

Thank you. I would like to acknowledge receipt of screen shot in email.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Team Collaboration Free for MyEclipse users …says expired

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in