facebook

Third Party JARs in EJB project

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

girikrishva

I have an enterprise application project. containing an EJB project. I have added a 3rd party jar to the EJB project’s src directory and added an entry to that jar under the Class-Path element in the META-INF\MANIFEST.MF of the EJB project. Yet after a successful deploy I still get a no class found error for the class referenced from that 3rd party JAR in a session EJB in my EJB project. Is there a different way to package 3rd party JARs for an EJB project? If so, is there a post or a document which explains it?

#227385 Reply

Riyad Kalla

What you need to do is remove the JAR from the source dir (wrong place anyway) and drop it in the root of the EAR project. Then leave your EJB’s manifest file with the proper classpath entry in it and deploy your EAR project.

Alternatively I’ve been tolder that off of the EAR project by right clicking on the root you can use the MyEclipse > Generate functionality to generate a MANIFEST file for you (IIRC). I haven’t played with this in a while. This is all outlined in our EAP Projects quickstart here: http://myeclipseide.com/enterpriseworkbench/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.genuitec.myeclipse.doc/html/quickstarts/earprojects/index.html

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Third Party JARs in EJB project

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in