facebook

Tomcat 4.1 – Source lookup for compiled JSPs?

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

0wen

Hi there. I’m using Eclipse 3.1 w/MyEclipse 4.0

I have my project set up as a WebProject and am deploying it within MyEclipse to Tomcat 4.1.

My application is happily running from within MyEclipse, and when it hits a breakpoint, it very nicely switches to Debug mode, which is great. The problem is that I have an issue with a custom tag I wrote, and I would like to step through a compiled JSP page to see what’s going on. Eclipse’s Debug mode will report a compiled JSP name and line number, but I can’t get the “source lookup” feature to work with Tomcat. I’ve tried pointing the source lookup to:

{Your TOMCAT_HOME}\work\Standalone\localhost\{app name}\

where I can see the compiled JSPs, but for some reason Eclipse is not pulling these source files into the Debug mode. How can I get them in there?

Any help is much appreciated, thanks,

-Tim

#237195 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Tim,

You’ll need to use Tomcat 5 to get source level JSP debugging to work since Tomcat 4.1 doesn’t support JSR-045, which provides the map between lines in the generated Java code (which Eclipse reports) and lines in the JSP file. If you can’t switch to Tomcat 5 for debugging you should be able to set a breakpoint directly in the Java source of your custom tag and step through that to see what’s up.

#237197 Reply

0wen

Great answer! Thanks for the explanation and prompt reply.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Tomcat 4.1 – Source lookup for compiled JSPs?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in