facebook

Tomcat 5 and jsp:useBean problems

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

mkochco

I would like to be able to use JSP debugging, however, this doesn’t appear to be an option with Tomcat 4, so I moved to Tomcat 5.0.28. When I did, I started to receive JasperExceptions like the following;

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: /provision/JspMapImage.jsp(52,0) The value for the useBean class attribute com.earthwhere.webapp.JspMapImageBean is invalid.

Everything was running fine in Tomcat 4. Looks like a classpath issue w/ Tomcat 5. Can anyone shed some additional light?

Eclipse Platform
    Version: 3.0.1
    Build id: 200409161125

MyEclipse
    Version: 3.8.4
    Build id: 200501171200-3.8.4

Thanks,
    Mark

#226496 Reply

Riyad Kalla

The value for the useBean class attribute com.earthwhere.webapp.JspMapImageBean is invalid.

Where does this class come from? Is the JAR in your WEB-INF/lib directory?

You might want to check your /common/lib directory of your Tomcat 4 install and see if you had put any custom JARs there that are not in your Tomcat 5 install. (custom JARs, not system JARs, don’t just copy over all the JARs, this will cause Tomcat 5 to barf).

#226521 Reply

mkochco

Hi Riyad,

I’m using the exploded deployment option, the class is in WEB-INF/classes.

5.0.28 common/lib contains….
    ant.jar commons-dbcp-1.2.1.jar jasper-compiler.jar naming-common.jar naming-resources.jar
    ant-launcher.jar commons-el.jar jasper-runtime.jar naming-factory.jar servlet-api.jar
    commons-collections-3.1.jar commons-pool-1.2.jar jsp-api.jar naming-java.jar

4.1.31 common/lib contains….
    activation.jar commons-collections.jar commons-pool-1.1.jar jdbc2_0-stdext.jar mail.jar naming-resources.jar
    ant.jar commons-dbcp-1.1.jar jasper-compiler.jar jndi.jar naming-common.jar servlet.jar
    ant-launcher.jar commons-logging-api.jar jasper-runtime.jar jta.jar naming-factory.jar

Why wouldn’t Tomcat find it under WEB-INF/classes?

Thanks for your help,
    Mark

#226523 Reply

Riyad Kalla

No idea… everything looks kosher. Try and remove your deployment, rebuild your project and redeploy. Also provide the snippet of code that craps out.

#227032 Reply

ctpeko3a

Make sure that your bean have default parameterless constructor.

#228493 Reply

I’m using Tomcat 5.5.7 with the exploded package option for deployment on MyEclipseIDE for Eclipse 3.1 and JSP debuging works fine

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Tomcat 5 and jsp:useBean problems

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in