facebook

Trouble with EJB3 Reverse Engineering with Oracle 11g

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Hi,
    I was going though the problem in reverse engineering but could not find any solution for Oracle for MyEclipse workbench version 6.5 or 7.0M1.

I am trying to make EJB3 using EJB3 Reverse Enginerring using Thin driver from tables in Oracle 11g (64bit) with client of 32bit. I tried both 6.5.1 and 7.0M1 version with new installation of both but still getting following error:

‘Generating Arifacts’ has encounterd a problem.
    An internal error occurred during: “Generating Artifacts”.
    unknown Oracle major version [11]

The following log is with this error:
    !SESSION 2008-08-21 09:29:20.828 ———————————————–
    eclipse.buildId=I20080617-2000
    java.version=1.5.0_11
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=de_DE
    Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -clean

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2008-08-21 09:43:10.638
    !MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: “Generating Artifacts”.
    !STACK 0
    org.hibernate.HibernateException: unknown Oracle major version [11]
    at org.hibernate.dialect.DialectFactory$1.getDialectClass(DialectFactory.java:135)
    at org.hibernate.dialect.DialectFactory.determineDialect(DialectFactory.java:65)
    at org.hibernate.dialect.DialectFactory.buildDialect(DialectFactory.java:39)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.determineDialect(SettingsFactory.java:426)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.SettingsFactory.buildSettings(SettingsFactory.java:128)
    at org.hibernate.cfg.Configuration.buildSettings(Configuration.java:2005)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.MEJDBCMetaDataConfiguration.readFromJDBC(MEJDBCMetaDataConfiguration.java:72)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.GenerateArtifactsJob$7.execute(GenerateArtifactsJob.java:877)
    at org.hibernate.console.execution.DefaultExecutionContext.execute(DefaultExecutionContext.java:65)
    at org.hibernate.console.ConsoleConfiguration.execute(ConsoleConfiguration.java:91)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.GenerateArtifactsJob.buildConfiguration(GenerateArtifactsJob.java:858)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.hibernate.wizards.GenerateArtifactsJob.run(GenerateArtifactsJob.java:405)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

I tried to generate EJB3 with out artifacts but also failed and got same error. It will be nice to get a hint of this problem with solution.

Greetings from Germany.
    Alkesh
    alkesh.punetha@kqfs.de

#288487 Reply

Loyal Water

There appears to be an issue with the OracleDriver. What version of the driver are you using?

Can you try another version of the driver and test this again.

#288489 Reply

I tried with both Thin and OCI driver 32 and 64 bit version for 11g (bundled with Oracle 11G 64 bit for Windows and Client 32 bit for 11G for JDK 1.5) but got the same error. The same is working for Oracle version 10G with bundled thin driver for 32 bit Oracle for Vista or Windows 2008.

#288543 Reply

Loyal Water

Punetha,
    I just checked with the dev team and it seems like this is a known issue that the team is already working on. They will try and get this out in the next 7.0 release. I’m sorry you ran into this issue.

#288752 Reply

Hi,
    I’m running in the same problem, and honestly I can’t wait for release of version 7.

You have to find a patch for version 6.5 !

It was working in version 6.

Sincerely

Malte Wiskott

#288763 Reply

Loyal Water

Malte,
    I’ll take you request to the team but can you switch back to MyEclipse 6.0.1 till then since this issue sounds like a show stopper for you.

#291125 Reply

Hi Nipun,

Thank you, it works now in version 6.6

Sincerely

Malte Wiskott

#291133 Reply

Loyal Water

Your welcome.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Trouble with EJB3 Reverse Engineering with Oracle 11g

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in