facebook

Tutorial + proxy error

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Matisse/Swing UI Development
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

maylevy

I tried to view the Matisse4myeclipse installation tutorial and received the following error:
    Proxy Error
    The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
    The proxy server could not handle the request GET /enterpriseworkbench/help/topic/com.genuitec.eclipse.dehory.doc/doc/install/index.html.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

——————————————————————————–

Apache/2.2.0 (Fedora) Server at myeclipseide.com Port 80

#271427 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Which URL did you click? It seems to be working now, could you try it again?
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/images/tutorials/quickstarts/matisse-install/

#272515 Reply

maylevy

When I follow the installation instructions for matisse4myeclipse listed above and try to download matisse4myelipse from http://downloads.myeclipseide.com/downloads/products/matisse4myeclipse/updates-4.0 , I get the following error: No features found on the selected site(s). Choose a different site or stie category.

#272541 Reply

Riyad Kalla

maylevy,
    After you install MYEclipse it should pre-register the M4M install site for you, and actually with MyEclipse 5.5 or later, after you fire up MyEclipse you will get prompted to add any additional features (m4M is one of them right now) and shouldn’t even need to go to the update manager to install it.

But if you do have to add the install site manually, the correct URL is:
    http://downloads.myeclipseide.com/downloads/products/eworkbench/discovery-5.5/

Sorry for the confusion

#272547 Reply

maylevy

I reinstalled MyEclipse with the full stack. It did prompt me to add additional features (m4m) and I did so. When I try to install new features via the MyEclipse Discovery Site I get the following error:
    No features found on the selected sites(s). Choose a different site or stie category. So I tried to create a new remote site with the link listed above and it said that that link was already established as the MyEclipse Discovery site.
    I tried to create a Matisse form and got an error message:
    No template is selected.

#272548 Reply

Riyad Kalla

… it sounds like you already installed Matisse given the 1st step, so that’s good… all that extra stuff you were doing with the update site was likely unnecessary (just for future reference). We are trying to make adding the additional features dead-easy going forward by using the Quick Installer that pops up and prompts you.

NOTE: When you tried to create a new matisse form, you should see a list of templates at the bottom of the panel showing you the different types of forms (JFrame, JDialog, JPanel, etc.) do you not see that?

#272596 Reply

maylevy

Your right. Thanks.

#272598 Reply

Riyad Kalla

So things are working now?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
Reply To: Tutorial + proxy error

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in