facebook

UML Modeler, Class Diagram Editor

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. UML Development
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

The most annoying thing with the UML modeler that I’ve found so far is that, in the class diagram editor, if you delete a class the editor hesitates (or just isn’t updating the GUI) for a second. I’ve caught myself pressing delete again in these circumstances. Well, what’s that do? It deletes the model and all of its classes. This has happened to me 3 or 4 times, now. This is a major problem, as far as I’m concerned. When something loses focus, the repository should not automatically gain focus, as far as I’m concerned.

I want to say I’ve seen someone else post on this problem, but I couldn’t find it.

#229996 Reply

Riyad Kalla

The most annoying thing with the UML modeler that I’ve found so far is that, in the class diagram editor, if you delete a class the editor hesitates (or just isn’t updating the GUI) for a second. I’ve caught myself pressing delete again in these circumstances. Well, what’s that do? It deletes the model and all of its classes.

We are sorry you ran into this, in our attempts to run down a separate bug the UML developer found this bug right away and is working on fixing it. The issue is that when you delete an element in the UML diagram, the outline view focuses the ROOT component, so when you hit delete again, the outline deleted the root element, certainly not what you want. (in combination with the lack of Undo).

#230041 Reply

Glad to hear you’re working on it. Can’t wait to see M2! 🙂

#265395 Reply

sheltonj

I am still seeing this issue. In the sequence diagram editor, I deleted something and hit the delete button twice. It ended up deleting the whole diagram. It still has no undo support.
    Is this being actively worked on? I am running MyEclipse 5.1.0 GA with a Pro license, running under Win XP Home, with JDK 5 and Eclipse 3.2.1.

#265396 Reply

Riyad Kalla

sheltonj,
    This isn’t really a bug as much as it is a bad default behavior (I will file it to be changed). When you delete an item from a sequence diagram, you’ll notice in the outline view your diagram becomes focused so if you hit del again it is actually deleting your diagram.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: UML Modeler, Class Diagram Editor

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in