facebook

UML Modeler, Class Diagram Editor, Export as Image

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. UML Development
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

I’m not sure if someone else’s posted about this or not, but the exported image from the UML class diagram is too small. The property and method names aren’t readable by any means.

#230058 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Got it filed

#252455 Reply

lukmanph

@support-rkalla wrote:

Got it filed

am having the same problem when exporting a uml diagram.
    my environment is
    Eclipse 3.1.2
    MyEclipseIDE 4.1.2
    jdk 1.5

is this issue already solved?
    thanks
    Patria

#252456 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Patria,
    Can you give me an example of a diagram you are having a problem with? I just opened up a test diagram I have and exported it, and the exported image looked identical to the diagram and was easy to read. Of course you can adjust the default font sizes under the UML editor preferences if you’d like them larger.

#252636 Reply

lukmanph

Hi Riyad, am trying to export a sequence activity diagram as a gif file and paste into a Word document. the size of the image is really small, making it unreadable….

#252654 Reply

Riyad Kalla

How does it look when you view just the GIF before you paste it into your word doc? It’s possible that when you paste it Word is scaling it down.

#253020 Reply

lukmanph

hi Riyad

i gave up on that one, and am trying other uml diagramms.
    however, i have a question: when doing the reverse-engineering of a class, does it normally take several minutes to display it in the repositoire??
    thanks

#253032 Reply

Riyad Kalla

depends on how many classes, you should see a dialog showing you reverse progress then when it’s done in the outline you should see all your entities.

Are you seeing something else occur?

#253034 Reply

lukmanph

sorry, i meant, i was using the drap&drop facility not the reverse engineering, but it still takes some time to place it in the repositoire.is this normal??

#253042 Reply

Riyad Kalla

“takes some time”, what do you mean? The dialog takes a while to reverse engineer or the dialog pops up, then goes away then you have to wait like 3 minutes then the elements magically appear in the outline?

#253093 Reply

lukmanph

well, when i drag&drop a class into the uml repository it takes like 5 min or more till the graphical element to appear in the outline… however, when doing reverse-engineering it takes less time but it’s bit long the process when you just want to reverse-engineer one or 2 classes and not the whole hierarchy…
    thanks for your time
    Patria

#253135 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Patria,
    Can you paste the code for an example class, I’ll duplicate it over here. If the class is sufficiently complex and references a huge number of other classes and you had your workspace on a network drive or something like that, i could definately see that operation taking a long time. But if it’s a simple POJO or something, it should be instant.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: UML Modeler, Class Diagram Editor, Export as Image

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in