facebook

UML Problems

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. UML Development
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Craig Peters

Sorry if these are already known, or if I’m doing something wrong, but I couldn’t find references to them in the Help or Forums:

1) Somehow I’ve gotten a class in my UML Class Diagram called “new Class” that I cannot edit or delete. When I hover over it, the tip window has this class name: org.argouml.uml.diagram.static_structure.ui.FigClass@16fa677

How do I get rid of this?

2) I can’t seem to create a new AssociationClass within the Class Diagram. The button on the toolbar is enabled, and I get a crosshair when I select it, but I create it in the diagram. No error or anything is displayed.

Thanks,
    -Craig

#230904 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Craig,
    Can you mail the UMR file as an attachment to support@genuitec.com ATTN Riyad with a link to this post in the forums and I’ll take a look at it and kick it over to the UML devs with a description of what’s going on?

#230956 Reply

Craig Peters

I’ve emailed you the requested file — thanks for looking at this!

I’m also having problems getting some changes being saved in the model. For example, when I insert or change an Attribute, sometimes the changes are saved, and sometimes not.

Also, often a file by the name of “Generic Model.umr~” is left behind after I save and exit — is this normal?

#230965 Reply

Riyad Kalla

We received the file and are taking a look at it, thanks.

#230977 Reply

Kapil Kapre

Craig ,
    Thanks for bringing the issues to our notice. I saw the class you mentioned. We will be looking into that issue. To get rid of it have you tried right clicking and using the Remove from Diagram / Delet e from Model options? You can also use the explorer view.

An association class is an association modelled as a class. When you get the crosshair (After clicking on the button) try connecting two classes, to create an association class. (Click on a class and drag the crosshair onto another class and release the mouse.)

#230981 Reply

Craig Peters

Kapil — there is no right click menu displayed on this class. Further, on the properties panel the only tab available is the “Presentation” tab. “Properties”, “Documentation”, “Source” etc. are greyed out.

#230984 Reply

Craig Peters

Kapil — I see how to use the Association Class now. It works as you said. Thanks.

#231100 Reply

I’ve had the same problems with the new class showing up. I’ve also had a new package show up. And, as Craig mentioned, there’s no context menu for the item and when you hit Delete, nothing happens. Actually, if you hit Delete, focus will go to the parent element, which I believe is the diagram, so be careful. I’ve accidentally deleted entire diagrams several times because of this.

#241348 Reply

snuser2

i have following, when i am making an association class:

– i can make an association class in a diagramm
    – when i open a new diagram, where i want to use classes from other diagrams i cant use (dragn’drop) the association class,
    because theres is no item i can take from the explorer structure.

(or perhaps dont i understand UML)

#241461 Reply

Kapil Kapre

Do you mean there are no classes in the outline view under the old diagram? Please make sure you’re not using the State / Transition / Residence Centric options in the outline view as the classes wont show up in those modes.

#241713 Reply

Mufasa

@flanakin wrote:

I’ve had the same problems with the new class showing up. I’ve also had a new package show up. And, as Craig mentioned, there’s no context menu for the item and when you hit Delete, nothing happens. Actually, if you hit Delete, focus will go to the parent element, which I believe is the diagram, so be careful. I’ve accidentally deleted entire diagrams several times because of this.

I have problems where associationClasses will not draw the new class. You can attach it to two classes (via drag’n’dropping the line) and it shows a line with a circle in the middle of it. However, no association class shows up in the diagram. When I try to delete the association, the line disappears, but the item stays in the Outline view (in Class-centric). If I select that one, right-click, delete, it pops up again saying “do you want to delete” and upon Yes, it just goes back to still being in the Outline view and nowhere else. If I close and re-open the .umr file, it goes away from the Outline view. However, adding a new assocationClass just does the same thing again. If I create a new diagram, in the same .umr file, everything seems to work.

If I create a new diagram, then drag’n’drop the classes (only the classes via selecting them in the Outline and draggin them to the new diagram workspace/view) over to the new diagram, all of those assocations suddenly appear.

So, I can get around this be re-creating everything in the new diagram, but it appears to be a bug somewhere that should probably be looked into. Where do I send the .umr file if you guys want to check it out?

#241716 Reply

Mufasa

Follow up to my last message: I think this happens (the association class feature breaking) as soon as you add any “drawing” items (line, circles, etc.) to the diagram.

#241723 Reply

Kapil Kapre

Mufasa,
    We’ve done some work on Association classes since 4.0GA. I would suggest you to update to 4.0.3 to avoid facing already fixed issues. If you are already on 0.3, could you please give us some steps so taht we can reproduce the issue at our end.
    Thanks.

#241754 Reply

Mufasa

I am using .03. As far as I can tell it is just make a class diagram in the normal method. Everything works fine until I add a drawing item (line, box, etc.). Then the associations start messing up like above. For now, I’ll just not put any drawings on until I’m finished with the classes.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: UML Problems

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in