facebook

[UML] "Generate Java" doesn’t set package

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. UML Development
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

joril

Hi everyone 🙂
    I noticed that when you generate source code from a class diagram, it doesn’t set a “package” statement, so Eclipse complains about “The declared package does not match the expected package”..
    This is not a problem “per se”, but when I specify the package and then re-generate the source again, the statement vanishes..
    It’s not a blocking issue, I just thought to let you know in case nobody noticed before
    Bye!

#235794 Reply

Riyad Kalla

After testing with our internal build of 4.0 GA (will be released Monday) it seems package statements are correctly generated, please wait and try the new release Monday and let us know if it is still happening.

#236018 Reply

joril

Looks like the bug is still there :/ Can I help with some extra informations?

#236052 Reply

Riyad Kalla

joril,
    Did you actually create a package in your diagram and then add classes to it or did yous imply drop a bunch fo classes onto the blank canvas and then generate source from them?

#236090 Reply

joril

Ehr, I just drop them in the package directory structure.. 😳
    I supposed it’d have figured it out by itself..
    So, is this going to stay this way or maybe sometime in the future..? 🙂
    Thanks for your tip though 🙂

#236092 Reply

Riyad Kalla

For now it will stay very similar to how it is, but we plan on massaging the UML tool into what our users want it to be.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: [UML] "Generate Java" doesn’t set package

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in