facebook

UML reverse-engineering

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. UML Development
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

tmanning

So I thought I’d try out the reverse-engineering to UML option, and I got an error:

Creation of element failed.
    handle: Parameter: return or type: Package: Map

?[/img]

#234846 Reply

Kapil Kapre

@tmanning wrote:

So I thought I’d try out the reverse-engineering to UML option, and I got an error:

Creation of element failed.
    handle: Parameter: return or type: Package: Map

?[/img]

tmanning,
    After you got this error, were the diagrams created? Also try adding this to your eclipse shortcut

-vmargs -Xms128M -Xmx256M 

#234857 Reply

tmanning

Nothing was created – I pressed “OK” and it was if I had never tried to generate anything. I pressed “finish”, “proceed” again, and the error came up again.

I usually start eclipse with C:\eclipse\eclipse.exe -data c:\projects -vm c:\jdk1.5.0_04\bin\javaw.exe -vmargs -Xmx1024m

#234858 Reply

tmanning

I tried a couple more times and now some boxes are created (are they supposed to appear all on top of one another?) – but the error message still occurs.

#234862 Reply

Kapil Kapre

@tmanning wrote:

I tried a couple more times and now some boxes are created (are they supposed to appear all on top of one another?) – but the error message still occurs.

Could you try Dragging classes from package explorer and dropping them into a class diagram and see if you get this same error.
    Thanks

#234876 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Can you please post all the information we request in the [URL=http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-393.html]Posting Guidelines[/URL] thread at the top of this forum? That will give us some context while trying to run this down.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: UML reverse-engineering

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in