facebook

Unable to deploy dependant Project in Tomcat [Closed]

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

namita22

Hi All,
    I have a Java Project using Hibernate Capabilites and another target project using Struts capabilities, which I want to deploy on Tomcat 5.5.9.

I have applied all the settings to build/deploy dependant projects by setting it to ‘Smart Deploy’ and also including my Hibernate Project as a dependant in the build path as given at
    http://myeclipseide.com/enterpriseworkbench/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.genuitec.myeclipse.doc/html/quickstarts/webprojects/index.html

But my deployed Struts projects (exploded) has no jars files of my Hibernate project.

Please help me and let me know what could be missing.

Appreciate your help.
    Namita

#231234 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Namita,

It’s likely that you’re not exporting the hibernate libraries on the Hibernate project’s classpath. We allow you to pick and choose which libraries in a dependent project get deployed in this manner. Please see the advanced section in the web project tutorial for full details here: http://www.myeclipseide.com/images/tutorials/quickstarts/webprojects/

Pay particluar attention to figure 31 – Jars *exported* from dependent Java projects. You can explicitly export the hibernate
    jars by right clicking on the project in the package explorer view and selecting Properties > Java Build Path > Order and Export and
    checking the libraries to be exported.

#231238 Reply

namita22

Hi Scott,
    Thanks for the quick reply. I now included my Hibernate Project as ‘Order and Export’ through my Struts project and checked all the options in figure 31 (for Library Deployment Policies) on the page mentioned in your last reply. I am still not able to see the Hibernate Project in my Struts project and get a runtime error. 🙁

Namita

#231241 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Namita,

Did you redeploy the struts project using the deployment manager dialog? Just changing the build config won’t automatically redeploy it for you; you’ll have to do that manually for this particular operation. Is your hibernate project set up as a dependent project of your struts project under Properties > Project References? Is the Hibernate project a MyEclipse web project? (one web project may *not* be dependent on another one).

#231258 Reply

namita22

Scott,
    Thanks for your help.. My Hibernate project was created as Web Project which was the cause of my problem. After re-doing that as a Java Project, it is successfullly ‘Smart Deployed’ in my Struts project 🙂

Thanks much..
    Namita

#231262 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Glad to hear it!

#231541 Reply

yunkipaik

Scott,

I am experiencing the same problem with Tomcat 5 deployment.

I made sure that I did all of the above, but none of the jars or classes from the dependant Java projects get deployed:

– All of my dependant projects are Java projects.
    – In the dependant projects, all jars and classes are marked for export
    – The main struts project is set up as an webapp, and includes the dependant projects in the Project References pane.

Still, none of the dependant project gets deployed.

Any idea?

#231551 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

And, did you set the deployment preferences to tell the deployer to deployer dependent projects?
    Full instructions are available here:
    http://myeclipseide.com/enterpriseworkbench/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.genuitec.myeclipse.doc/html/quickstarts/webprojects/index.html

#231554 Reply

yunkipaik

Yes.
    The eclipse preference–>My Eclipse–>J2EE project–>Web Project–>Deployment is set to use Smart Deployment
    and all checkboxes in the Library Deployment Policy are checked.
    The webapp Properties–>My Eclipse-Webapp–>Deployment is set to use the workbench default setting.

I also tried options other than Smart Deployment, but it did not work…

Anything else I may be overlooking?

#231589 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Wow. That sounds like the correct setup. Can you please post all the information we request in the [URL=http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-393.html]Posting Guidelines[/URL] thread at the top of this forum? That will give us some context so that we can determine if this is an installation issue or a configuration problem.

#231686 Reply

yunkipaik

Scott,

I am on a tight schedule, so unfortunately I don’t have time to investigate this any further. For now, I am manually deploying, and that
    works for now.
    But, I think I found out at least one of the causes for deployment failure.
    Acting on your advice, I checked the eclipse .log file, and saw the following:

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core 1 1 2005-06-22 10:14:06.68
    !MESSAGE Build Exception
    !STACK 0
    com.genuitec.eclipse.core.GenuitecCoreException: Resource /project_xxxx/classes does not exist.
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.ant.J2EEArchiveDeployer.privExportWebProject(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.ant.J2EEArchiveDeployer.exportWebProject(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.DeploymentPackager.exportWebProject(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.WebDeployment.deployAsPackageArchive(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.Deployment.deploy(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.Deployment.redeploy(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.ui.dialog.DeploymentManagerDialog.Ä…(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.ui.dialog.DeploymentManagerDialog.access$2(Unknown Source)
    at com.genuitec.eclipse.ast.deploy.core.ui.dialog.DeploymentManagerDialog$5.handleEvent(Unknown Source)

One of the dependent project is the project_xxxx, which happens to have no Java classes, but only jars.
    (There is a historic reason for this – everything has been refactored-out to other projects – by other developers 🙂
    In any event, MyEclipse doesn’t like that and throws exeception.

Your comment?

Thanks, and have a nice day.

#231890 Reply

yunkipaik

The cause of the deployment failure was a dependant proejct with no class, but only with jars.
    When a dummy class was added to the project, the deployment went merrily to a completion.
    I am not sure whether or not to call this a ME bug, but it would be certainly nice if ME handled this situation, or
    issued a warning.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Unable to deploy dependant Project in Tomcat [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in