facebook

Unable to install !

1. Copilot4Eclipse – GitHub Copilot on Eclipse
  2.  > 
  3. General Discussion
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

japa_0721
    Participant

I was able to install Copilot4Eclipse 1.2.1 from the marketplace, but the Copilot tab does not appear in the menu screen and I cannot configure it. Why is this?

The operating environment is as follows:
    Eclipse IDE for Java Developers (includes Incubating components)

Version: 2024-03 (4.31.0)
    Build id: 20240307-1437

I’m also concerned about the following error during installation->Attachments

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: com.genuitec.copilot4eclipse.chat [1609]
      Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: com.genuitec.copilot4eclipse; bundle-version="1.2.0"
        -> Bundle-SymbolicName: com.genuitec.copilot4eclipse; bundle-version="1.2.1.202406240349"; singleton:="true"
           com.genuitec.copilot4eclipse [1607]
             Unresolved requirement: Require-Bundle: org.eclipse.wildwebdeveloper.embedder.node; bundle-version="[1.0.2,1.0.4)"

at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:493)
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel$2.run(ModuleContainer.java:2073)
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.internal.framework.EquinoxContainerAdaptor$1$1.execute(EquinoxContainerAdaptor.java:143)
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:2064)
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:2004)
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.doContainerStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1967)
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1883)
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.dispatchEvent(ModuleContainer.java:1)
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:230)
    	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager$EventThread.run(EventManager.java:341)

It seems like the installation has been successful.->Attachments

• This topic was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by japa_0721.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #701875 Reply

wayne

Thanks for sharing the error details. I recommend uninstalling Copilot4Eclipse (Help menu > About Eclipse > Installation Details) and then reinstalling it from the Eclipse Marketplace. The error details lead me to believe a dependent plugin was not properly installed. I’m expecting a reinstallation attempt will resolve this issue. Please share feedback on your reinstallation process.

Regards,

Wayne
    Copilot4Eclipse Team

#701931 Reply

poulamidutta158
    Participant

Hi,
    My Eclipse Version :
    Eclipse IDE for Enterprise Java and Web Developers (includes Incubating components)
    Version: 2023-06 (4.28.0)
    Build id: 20230608-1333

Github Copilot plugin available in marketplace:
    Copilot4Eclipse 1.2.1

Not able to install. It is giving error popup as “The following solutions are not available: Copilot4Eclipse 1.2.1”

Please suggest how to resolve.

#701940 Reply

axbu
    Participant

try to add the url as described here

https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/plugin-installation-cubeide/

for me that worked

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Unable to install !

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in