facebook

Unable to install later ME 2015 CI update

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

mongonv
    Participant

I am trying to apply the update for the latest CI release, but the updater is trying to access folders on a drive that was used for the original install. I had moved the ME folder from an F: drive to a E: drive and the app works fine, but the updater gets a massive error list that starts like the message at the bottom.

The message references the original drive and I have searched the files in the ME folder for the ‘F:/ME2015CI’ and replaced it with E: with no impact on the problem.

How do I tell the installer that the F: drive no longer exists and to install on E:?

`An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
    — error: session context was:(profile=com.genuitec.delivery.package.profile.1750-Fta-6119, phase=com.genuitec.pulse.client.deliverypackage.runtime.p2.DeliveryCollect, operand=, action=).
    — error: Unable to write to repository: file:/F:/ME2015CI.
    — java.io.IOException: Failed to create directory F:\ME2015CI\features\com.genuitec.myeclipse.mobile.embedded.phonegap-3.6.3_3.6.3.me20151208-0430.
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.simple.SimpleArtifactRepository.getOutputStream(SimpleArtifactRepository.java:958)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRequest.transferSingle(MirrorRequest.java:259)
    at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.artifact.repository.MirrorRequest.transfer(MirrorRequest.java:208)

#461699 Reply

support-swapna

mongonv,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

Can you please try deleting the .deliverycenter.installs file located in the user home dir and check if the update works fine?. The “.deliverycenter.installs” file contains the installation location of the MyEclipse editions that have been installed.

Please check this FAQ to know where the MyEclipse files and folders are located for your OS :
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/installation-where-are-the-myeclipse-files-and-folders/

If deleting the .deliverycenter.installs file does not fix the issue, then please download the latest MyEclipse 2015 CI 18 installer from here and install MyEclipse 2015 CI 18 to the location of your choice :
    https://www.genuitec.com/products/myeclipse/download/

Alternatively, you can reinstall MyEclipse using the original installer to a different location and then update to MyEclipse 2015 CI 18 from Help > Check for Updates.

Let us know how it works.

–Swapna
    MyEclipse Support

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Unable to install later ME 2015 CI update

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in