facebook

Unable to upgrade according to the instructions [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

monocongo

I am trying to upgrade to the latest stable releases of Eclipse/MyEclipse and I can’t seem to make it past the first step listed in the FAQ at
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=FAQ&file=index&myfaq=yes&id_cat=5&categories=Installation+and+Updates&parent_id=4#15

It seems that there is no Install/Update Perspective choice when I choose Window->Open Perspective->Other…

Am I being naively optimistic in thinking that I can just click through and have both my Eclipse and MyEclipse versions updated to the latest stable versions ? Or will this require uninstalling and installing new versions of Eclipse and/or MyEclipse ?

My current version of Eclipse is 3.0.0, Build ID 200403261517 (this is 3.0M8 I think), and my version of MyEclipse is 3.7.2, Build ID 200404091200-3.7.2GA. I am running on a Windows XP machine.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

–James

#216615 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

James,

It’s just as well. For MyEclipse 3.8.2, you’ll need Eclipse 3.0.0 or 3.0.1. You can follow what I told a user with the same version here:
    http://www.myeclipseide.com/PNphpBB2+file-viewtopic-t-4151.html

#216625 Reply

monocongo

Thanks so much for the feedback. I have installed Eclipse 3.0.1 and MyEclipse 3.8.2 with no problems. However I was hoping to avoid having to reconfigure my environment in terms of editor preferences, MyEclipse subscription, application server settings, etc., but alas I am having to waste quite a bit of time trying to get back to where I was before. There are several features which I had set up with my previous installation which I failed to note and hence I can’t easily figure out what I did to get them in place. Other desired behaviors don’t seem to be supported at all (default background color for all editors, default insertion of spaces instead of tabs for all editors, etc.). I will post in another thread about these issues and hopefully someone can show me what I’m overlooking, if that’s the case, as I can find nothing in the documentation or Preferences menus which do the trick.

–James

#216631 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

James,

However I was hoping to avoid having to reconfigure my environment in terms of editor preferences, MyEclipse subscription, application server settings, etc.,

You can. Use your previous install to open your existing workspace and use Window > Preferences > Export… to export all your preference settings. Then, use the corresponding import feature to bring it into your new install.

Other desired behaviors don’t seem to be supported at all (default background color for all editors,

It’s on Window > Preferences > MyEclipse > Editors > Commone Editor Preferences. See the list box at the bottom of the preference page. You might need to scroll it.

default insertion of spaces instead of tabs for all editors,

That one is an enhancement that will come with a few bug fixes in the first Quick Fix in a few days.

#216636 Reply

monocongo

Thanks for the zippy support. Kudos…

–James

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Unable to upgrade according to the instructions [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in