facebook

Unknown Oracle major version [0] + JPA

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

hrishikesh14

I have a simple java project in My Eclipse 6.5.1GA.Have enabled JPA capability on the project with Toplink Essentials. I am sucessfully able to connect to Oracle Database(9.2), select the schema and table.

But when it comes to Generating Entities for the table, the MyEclipse IDE throws a Internal Error – “Error occured while generating artifacts – Unknown Oracle major version[0]. This is followed by a dialect factory stack trace.

I am using Toplink essentials, not sure why hibernate code is being executed.

PLease reply back in case anybosy has faced similar problem and resolved it.

Thanks,
    Hrishikesh

#296197 Reply

Loyal Water

Hi,
    It seems like you need to upgrade your oracle driver. If you’re using the old classes12 driver lib there appears to be an issue where OracleDriver.getMajorVersion returns 0. Upgrading to a newer version of the driver should resolve the issue.

#296232 Reply

rmcvay

Most people don’t realize the “12” in classes12 represents Java 1.2. For Java 1.4 and later the library is ojdbc14.jar.

#296254 Reply

hrishikesh14

I do have ojdbc14.jar. The error still persists. The error occur only when I try to Generate Entities from a particular oracle table. The Entities get generated correctly if i use Derby DB, but give error when I use Oracle DB. The error is not a Oracle Error, but MyEclipse Internal Error when Generate Entities Wizard is invoked. What baffles me is that i am using Toplink essentials but the error stacktrace is for Hibernate Dialect Factory. I do not have hibernat ein my project.

#296381 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Hrishikesh,

This was a bug in MyEclipse 6.5.x. If you upgrade to MyEclipse 6.6 or MyEclipse 7.1 (recommended) , you should be able to reverse engineer without issue.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. Hope this helps.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Unknown Oracle major version [0] + JPA

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in