facebook

Update site search doesn’t list 3.7.x

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Ansorg

sill this become available or do I have do go the download/uninstall/install new version route?

thanks
    Jens

#205014 Reply

Riyad Kalla
    #205393 Reply

Ansorg

hi,

I did read the other threads about that topic.

But I have the same issue again with 3.7.1
    It does not show up in the update mnager in eclipse-3M7

The announcement says it should be there but it isn’t – at least for me 🙁

#205399 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Jens,
    If you are running into trouble upgrading using the update manager, you can download the manual install, unzip it to a new directory, go into your current Eclipse\links folder, and edit the file in there to point its path to the new MyEclipse version and walla, you are done (quick 2 steps).

#205434 Reply

Ansorg

ok,
    I can do that.

but I’d like to know why updating does not work for me …

#205554 Reply

support-michael
    Keymaster

I believe the problem is our update site configuration. We’ll correct it ASAP.

#205659 Reply

arjan.tijms

I have the same problem. Running Eclipse 2.1.3 and MyEclipse 2.7GA on Windows 2000. The 2.7.1 update is not listed using the update manager.

It’s now a few days since the last post. Has the mentioned site configuration been fixed or do I possibly have some other problem?

#205676 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

Arjan,

I believe you have some other problem. The update site is quite active and we’ve had over a thousand updates to 2.7.1 over the last few days. When you search for updates in the Install / Update perspective, is nothing showing up?

#205691 Reply

arjan.tijms

This is indeed strange. I checked again and it is there now.

I can think of only two factors that might relate to this issue:

1) (unlikely) I just updated my j2sdk from 1.4.0 to 1.4.2

2) Although I have already updated to Eclipse 2.1.3 using update manager, the feature “Eclipse Project SDK (Windows) 2.1.3” keeps showing up in the update manager. I haven’t paid attention to this, as all of our developers have this. Other people I spoke to have this too.

I’m installing 2.7.1 right now and it seems to go along nicely. I still wonder though why it didn’t show up yesterday.

#205695 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

I’m installing 2.7.1 right now and it seems to go along nicely. I still wonder though why it didn’t show up yesterday.

Peculiar. No changes have been done to the update site but I’m pleased to hear the update went well.

As for 3.7 updates, we specifically don’t provide an update site for them because they are only tested on a VERY specific version of Eclipse 3.0. If we provided an update site we’d have people using 3.0 M4, for example, upgrading to 3.7.1 which would immeidately break. As a result, all 3.0 upgrades are currently restricted to the double-click installer so we can do a version check.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Update site search doesn’t list 3.7.x

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in