facebook

Using AppStore Uploader Service : CLOSED

1. MobiOne Archive
  2.  > 
  3. Getting Help – General
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

gbwiii

Ok now that I am ready to upload my app to I-Tunes I found I need a MAC or use this service for $5.00. Per the AppStore Up loader Service they need the following info and that’s what I need to better understand before I try it.

iOS application (e.g., .ipa or .zip file) > ( This is the ISO .ipa file that MobiOne creates ? )

iTunes account id > ( This is the e-mail address I used to create my Apple Developers account for $99.00 ? )

iTunes password (remember passwords are case-sensitive) > (This is the password for the above account )

application ID and version > ( What is this ? )

Last Questions:

Prior to upload get another Provisioning Profile – change the Provisioning Profile from Ad-Hoc to Distribution ?

Once the file is uploaded to I-Tunes is that my opportunity to set the app description, sale price, etc ?

Thanks

George

#345760 Reply

Paul_paul
    Participant

OK George I’ll try to help you out here.

1. Yes you do need a Mac or pay $5. If you use another service for uploading change your password after it is uploaded and all working ok.
    2. That is correct it is your “appname”.ipa file that is in the appname_home-ios folder created by M1.
    3. Correct, the email address you used when creating your apple ID and your password.
    4. Your application ID is the bundle ID you used when building the app also the version number you used.
    5. You need to create a new provisioning profile for App Store distribution, you cannot use the *wildcard option so create a new app id first then the profile, then rebuild your app using this profile not the ad hoc one you used for testing.
    6. Then you have to create a new app in iTunes Connect “https://itunesconnect.apple.com” before you can upload the .ipa file to iTunes, but use Firefox or Safari IE will not display correctly. There you can upload the required images, set price etc.etc.
    7. Then you can upload or get someone else to do it, if you know anyone with access to a Mac they can do it for you. They must have the latest version of OS and the ‘application loader’ program that is bundled with X-Code..
    I know it sounds complicated, that’s because it is. If I can help you further just ask, Good Luck!

#345769 Reply

gbwiii

Yes – It is very complicated until someone explains all the steps in one summary. Thank you very much for your time answering my question. I created the Apple file on I-Tunes and it currently shows waiting for app upload, I have a friend who has a Mac computer and he will upload the file for me.

Thanks – Will get back to you if I get stuck on another step !

George

#346833 Reply

cpmac61

Hello
    I’ve just uploaded my first app as an addhoc. through App loader.

I’m not sure if I put the right ID. Will I get an error message or will it just go into oblivion.

If the upload is successfull what can I do with this adhoc upload now?

#346850 Reply

Hi cpmac61,

If you attempt to upload an ios app built with incorrect certificate or provision profile you should received an error msg either during the upload process or itunes connect should notify you by email shortly after the upload process.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Using AppStore Uploader Service : CLOSED

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in