facebook

Using hibernate tools while using hibernate annotations

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Database Tools (DB Explorer, Hibernate, etc.)
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

wciesiel

Hi all,

I have a project created with Spring 2.0 and Hibernate with configuration done via Hibernate/JPA annotations (but the whole project is not done as EJB 3.0 persistence unit).

Is there a way to use MyEclipse Hibernate support in such conditions? I’d like to make some debug HQL queries… If I try to add Hibernate capabilities then after opening hibernate.cfg.xml I have red signs (with [unknown] label) next to the entries on the “mappings” list while being in “Configuration” mode of hibernate config editor…

#272970 Reply

Riyad Kalla

I see the problem…

1. Our Hibernate support (which doesn’t support annotations at this time) has the HQL editor/runner stuff in it.
    2. The JPA support which is generic and supports toplink/hibernate/openjpa does support annotations, but doesn’t have the query-tools yet.

Sorry about that, but we are working on #2 and will hopefully get something on par with the Hibernate tools very shortly.

#284523 Reply

I understand the problem, but it leaves us in a bind: once you enable JPA on a project, the process of going back and disabling JPA, then adding Hibernate (or vice versa) is mysterious. If we start down one path and decide the other is more appropriate, what can we do, short of blowing the project away, manually removing the MyEclipse configuration from the source tree, and recreating the project?

#284551 Reply

Riyad Kalla

jandrews,
    I understood your question to generally be “how do we remove JPA capabilities and add Hibernate capabilities if we decide we want to go down that path”, the answer is to manually do it by editing the .project file and removing the Hibernate builder and nature from it, then closing and reopening the project.

If I didn’t read that right, please let me know.

#285151 Reply

@support-rkalla wrote:

jandrews,
    I understood your question to generally be “how do we remove JPA capabilities and add Hibernate capabilities if we decide we want to go down that path”, the answer is to manually do it by editing the .project file and removing the Hibernate builder and nature from it, then closing and reopening the project.

If I didn’t read that right, please let me know.

Is there a Timeframe when we can expect a working JPA Query Editor, or a JPA aware Hibernate Tool (with annotations)?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Using hibernate tools while using hibernate annotations

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in