facebook

Using MyEclipse with EclipseUML Studio 1.0 Enterprise Editio

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Kevin_L

Hi,

I am wondering wheter I can use MyEclipse with Eclipse UML Studio 1.0 for the same project. For example, I am currently working on the project which I am using MyEclipse for Struts and web application development. And I am using EclipseUML Studio 1.0 for database designing, forward/reverse database engineering, and so on for the same project. Now I have two different projects with Eclipse but it is the same project. I wish I can use those two tools on the same project. I know that MyEclipse has hibernate capabilities but I haven’t played around. And Eclipse UML Studio also has hibernate capabilities.

I would like to know whether I can use those two tools on the same project.
    Should I be asking this question to Omondo?

P.S. Thanks to OMondo, we got the enterprise edition for free because I work for non-profit organization and part of higher education institution. 🙂

Omondo is AWESOME tool. I am mainly using it for database. But it doesn’t have cool feature like Struts Visual designer.
    a
    K~

#219557 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Kevin,
    The easiest way to determine this is to create a new project called “TestProject” that is a copy of your existing MyEclipse project, then try and fire up the EclipseUML functionality and see if it works. I don’t think you should have any problem using the two plugins together… if you prefer the EclipseUML db/hibernate tooling then just make sure to use it and not MyEclipse’s. Our database/hibernate functionality is activated by way of the “Add Hibernate Capabilities” dialog as well as the Database Perspective… you can just use the Perspective/Views provided by EclipseUML instead.

#219571 Reply

Kevin_L

Hi Riyad,

I decided to have two different projects. I will just use EclipseUML for data modeling with forward and reverse engineering in the initial phase. It is also good for application UML modeling too. It is another awesome tool.

But I want to use hibernate functionaility from MyEclipse using DB Explore..that is pretty neat…plus it integrate well with Struts Visual Designer… well Both tools are awesome…But I am afraid I will encounter some src path problems if I tried to use both products on the same project… well thanks again!. Keep up the good work!…

K~

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: Using MyEclipse with EclipseUML Studio 1.0 Enterprise Editio

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in