facebook

Utility Jar

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Greetings,

I have an ear project and have the following structure

EAR
    |—– EJB
    |—– WAR
    |——– WEB-INF (Which has all the Struts jars…etc)

Now, I want to include another web project(with a different context) within the same EAR project and need a structure like the following

EAR
    |—– EJB
    |—– WAR 1
    |——– WEB-INF (Which has all the Struts jars…etc)
    |—– WAR 2
    |——— WEB-INF (Struts jars…etc)

I don’t want to package the struts jar twice within the same ear file. How to avoid it
    The problem is, Can I create another web project 2 without including these struts jar files, but still making use of the struts jar in web project 1.
    How can I make a utility jar files that has struts.jar etc and make both web project 1 and 2 point to the utility jars.

How can I create a utility jar project that has those struts libraries and add it to the EAR ???

Thanks in advance.
    -Ganesh

#257739 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Ganesh,
    When you say structure, do you mean that is how your dependencies are laid out in MyEclipse, or do you mean you actually have a single project that contain multiple other projects? (not Supported in MyEclipse)

Assuming you meant that was just your dependency structure and you are using MyEclipse, what you can do is drop your Struts libs in the root of your EAR and they will get deployed and the class hierarchy will handly allowing the web projects to see them. Optionally you can just deploy Struts twice (no biggie) OR I think the last option is to install struts to your app server’s lib dir, but I wouldn’t suggest that, seems like a big-bomb approach to an otherwise minor issue.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Utility Jar

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in