facebook

vars defined by tags not recognized [Closed]

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Bugs
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Since when is acceptible to completely replace a major feature in between the 2nd Beta release and the GA release.

The changes to the JSP/HTML validation are driving me mad. No matter how much validation I turn off, I still get yellow sticky markers indicating hundreds of HTML tidy errors. At least I can filter them out of the Problems view but I’d really prefer not to see them at all.

I also now get constant Out Of Memory exceptions which I assume are due to the thousands of warnings that I now get that were not present under Beta-2.

#212364 Reply

Riyad Kalla

If you navigate to: Windows > Preferences > MyEclipse > Validation, and uncheck the “HTML Syntax validation”, then hit OK, then right click on the root of your project and go down to Properties then MyEclipse-Validation and make sure that you either are or aren’t overriding these validation settings. Did this help at all? You can also limit the number of validation errors here so it doesn’t run you out of memory so aggressively or give more memory to Eclipse 3 (default instance of Eclipse 3 will typically run very high on memory requirements as is without any plugins, so it might be a good idea to give it more memory).

#212368 Reply

bort

I’ve unchecked all of the validation options under Windows > Preferences > MyEclipse > Validation and ensured that my specific project doesn’t have any validation options checked.

But still, the squigglies persist 🙁

#212370 Reply

Riyad Kalla

bort,
    Can you post an example of what the squiggles are complaining about so I can dupe it here and file a detailed bug report with it? Or send a sample project to support@genuitec.com with a link to this thread and quick description of whats going on? Then we can just attach that project to the bug.

In the original release of WTP it squiggled EVERYTHING so I know what you guys are talking about, I just can’t reproduce it locally and realize that its maddening…

#212377 Reply

bort

riyad

The squiggles primarily occur due to HTML format errors (like the infamous <tr> issue). For example, in this code snippet:

<table class="ltgrey" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100%" border="0">
            <tbody>
                <tr>
                    <td>
                    <table cellspacing="1" cellpadding="3" width="100%"
                        border="0">
                        <tr>
                            <td class="ltgrey">
                            <table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"
                                width="100%" border="0">
                                <tr>
                                    <td>
                                    <div class="headerpadding"><b>some text</b>
                                    </div>
                                    </td>
                                </tr>
                            </table>
                            </td>
                        </tr>
                    </table>
                    </td>
                </tr>
            </tbody>
        </table>

I get 3 validation errors. the problem isn’t that there are validation errors… the problem is that the squigglies are showing up even after I’ve disabled everything in the preferences that would activate the squigglies.

bort

#212382 Reply

Griggs

I have this same problem with HTML and some of my jspf files.

#212389 Reply

Riyad Kalla

bort,
    I was able to duplicate this but the odd part is that I didn’t see any validation warnings until I enabled the HTML validator. But after disabling it I was still getting the warnings… it seems that we aren’t turning off the validator correctly.

I’ve added your comments to the bug that will hopefully make it into a service release ASAP.

#212390 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Moving to bugs…

#212391 Reply

bort

ok… thanks for the update.

#212956 Reply

dilidilidi

bort,you can try this way. like the <tr>error , you can put a <tbody> tag
    between <table> with <tr> , put a </tbody> between </tr> with </table>

i think this editor use html 4.0 strictly,so ………..,write your html code strictly.i am a chinese , my english is badly, i hope you can understand me.

#213182 Reply

Scott Anderson
    Participant

The issues discussed in this thread were addressed in MyEclipse 3.8.1

#213281 Reply

rshan

I’m running 3.8.1 with the quick fix and have the same issues with html and jsp validation.

#213286 Reply

Riyad Kalla

rshan,
    can you clarify which problem you are having and give us your Eclipse Build ID and MyEclipse Build ID?

#213326 Reply

rshan

Eclipse Build ID: 200406251208
    MyEclipse Build ID: 200408201200-3.8.1

<logic:iterate id=”signer” name=”signingForm” property=”signers”>

<bean:write name=”signer” property=”lastName”/>

</logic:iterate>

Code works, but results in jsp editor error ‘signer cannot be resolved.’

Also, package folder has red circle with x indicating error, but individual files don’t have the error symbol.

Turning off validation has no effect.

#213328 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Try adding a “type” attribute to your iterate tag.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
Reply To: vars defined by tags not recognized [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in