facebook

Version: 2024.1.0 Build id: 16.0.0-20240611 – MacOS Sonoma Apple Silicon

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

dindu63
    Participant

I am having a small problem when I run my servlet application which is configured to use Apache Tomcat 10.1

I can’t get myEclipse to load any internal or external browsers.

If I manually open a browser I can access the url and it works – but it does not seem to do it automatically.

Also – if I right click on my web app and select Run As – I don’t see my Tomcat 10.1 in the first level list – I have to select “Run Configurations” – is there any way to add my Tomcat 10.1 enviroment to the list ?

Thanks

Save

#701897 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Save,

Fundamentally, wondering if your project is incorrectly configured. I see you are using the latest release of MyEclipse – was this working with prior versions or it this a new project / first time you’re trying this?

From the “Run As” context menu, you wouldn’t see Tomcat directly, but you’d see “MyEclipse Server Application” at which point you’d get to choose the server. A faster way of deploying would be to use the Servers view – do you see the Tomcat 10.1 server listed there and the application under it?

Finally, can you share which particular type of Run Configuration you use? Do attach screenshots if possible. Thanks!

#701900 Reply

dindu63
    Participant

The way that MyEclipse seems to work with Run Configurations seems different than standard Eclipse. I have 4 servlet applications in my project but only 1 is ever shown on the drop down menu. When I right click on another servlet application and select run as MyEclipse Server Application – it works – but replaced the previous it on the pull down run configurations.

I’m not sure if this is just a different way that MyEclipse works or some peculiarity of my projects after being imported.

Should I create multiple MyEclipse server configs – one for each Servlet – even though then run on the same Tomcat instance ?

• This reply was modified 1 month, 2 weeks ago by dindu63.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    #701909 Reply

dindu63
    Participant

So – in summary – whenever I use Run As – MyEclipse Server Application on a different servlet – it replaces the one which I previously ran on the Run/Debug pull down menu.

Also if I right click and select Run As – then select Run Configurations to run my Servlet – rather than the above and select Tomcat 10.1 – I can start my app – but it does not open a browser.

It seems subtly different than regular Eclipse and I get the impression I’m doing something wrong but I’m not sure how or what.

#701918 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Save,

I believe separate Run Configurations are created, but for some reason they aren’t listed in the Run Configurations dialog (this is something we’ll look into). You will find them in the Launch Configurations view though (Window > Show View > Other > Debug > Launch Configurations).

You can also use Organize Favorites in the Run menu drop down to favorite these configurations, then they will always be shown in the drop down.

As far as opening in a browser is concerned, are there any related errors logged in the Error Log view? If you go to Project Properties > Deployment > Deployment Assembly, is the correct Web Context Root configured? Can you give me an example of the URL you’re opening to access the app? Is it something like http://localhost:8080/contextroot ?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: Version: 2024.1.0 Build id: 16.0.0-20240611 – MacOS Sonoma Apple Silicon

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in