facebook

VisualVM JDK does not show installed JDK1.6r14

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Installation, Configuration & Updates
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

bgobbi

Hi,
    I am trying to profile a Java application with the newest MyEclipse 7.5. Under Windows xp.
    I have multiple JVMs installed including JVM1.6r14 And have configured them in myeclipse under window/preferences/installed jre.
    However when I try to set the JVM for VisualVM under window/preferences/MyEclipse enterprise Workbench/profiler the drop down box does not include the 1.6r14 JVM but only includes 1.5 JVMs. The 1.5 jvm’s are invalid since VisualVM needs a JVM > 1.6r6.

I tried using the add butten but I can not re-add an already configured JVM. I also tried removing and adding the 1.6r14 JVM and that did not change the behavior.

I tried setting my java_home and path environment variables to the 1.6r14 JVM with no results.

I tried setting the projects Java compiler to 1.6 and rebuilding with no results.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Alberto

#300078 Reply

support-joy

Alberto,

If you are using ME 7.5, by default the JDK configured is 1.6. You can verify that by going to your MyEclipse instalation dir and open the config file – Myeclipse.ini. Look for the vm argument. I think by default the JDK verson is JDK1.6r13, you can modify this to point to relevant release of JDK1.6. Let m eknow if this helps.

#300083 Reply

Alberto,
    Thank you for bringing this up. I was able to reproduce this at my end and I have raised a PR with the dev team.

#300085 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Alberto,

The VisualVM requires a JDK to run, a JRE will not do. So even if you have your JRE configured on the JRE preference page, it will not show up in the drop down on the Profiler preference page.

It was not clear from your post whether you have a JDK or JRE installed, but I suspect the latter; if you remove the JRE and reinstall the full JDK (and configure the JDK in the JRE preference page) then the Profiler page should list it and you should be good to go.

How did you install MyEclipse 7.5? If you used the all in one installer, it will have a JDK 1.6.0_13 install that you can use.

#300111 Reply

bgobbi

This worked! Thanks!

I had installed the JDK1.6r14 but when specifying the JRE location I had only selected the jre subdirectory in the JDK main directory. I followed your suggestion and specified the main JDK directory and VisualVm now works!

Thanks,
    Alberto

#300122 Reply

support-joy

Alberto,

Good to hear you are all set.

Best.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: VisualVM JDK does not show installed JDK1.6r14

This topic is marked as closed to new replies, however your posting capabilities still allow you to do so.

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in