facebook

WAR File not inlcuding dependent Jar Project

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

sdunlop

I’m using MyEclipse 5.0 GA. And for the life of me. I can not get a war file to include a dependent jar project when I export it.

The warning message I get is that “Deployment is out of date due to changes in the underlying project contents. You’ll need to manually ‘Redeploy’ the project to update the deployed archive.”

I created the most simplistic example I could, but can’t figure out what I’m doing wrong. The first step I did was create a simple Java project called myjar that had one class in it called Test Class (see image below).

Then I created a MyEclipse WebProject and enabled it for struts and added the myjar to the Java Build Path Project (see image below).

Then I made sure that the “Jar dependent projects and place in the ‘lib’ directory option was selected under the MyEclipse->Web->Deployment options. (see image below).

Then I selected the Export War option expecting the jar to be included in the war file. (see image below).

The war does not generate and a warning message has appeared stating that “Deployment is out of date due to changes in the underlying project contents. You’ll need to manually ‘Redeploy’ the project to update the deployed archive.” (see image)

Please help! I feel like I’m just missing one step but can’t seem to find it. I have no idea how to get rid of this error message, or even do this very simple task.

#261001 Reply

sdunlop

wow.. i found the answer to this… but would have never guessed it.

In the jar file, i needed to change the Default Output Folder to point to “bin”. Go figure.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: WAR File not inlcuding dependent Jar Project

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in