facebook

WAR import (and export with source code)

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Feature Requests
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

I don’t see any way to import existing WAR files into MyEclipse, even if they have the source code with them. I’d really like that capability.

On a related note, the WAR export wizard does not have an option to include source code. Since I occasionally share WAR files with others, I would like to be able to do that.

(BTW, we still don’t have XHTML support, which has been promised for the last couple of versions.)

#263777 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Kenneth,
    We are still treating WAR’s as binary-only deployable units so this isn’t something we have tackled yet with Importing or Exporting. It has been brought up a few times so I will discuss it in our weekly meeting tomorrow. One of the biggest hurdles is since WAR is intended as a binary-only file, that means that shipping source in it occurs in an undefined way. So if we implement pulling source from the same dir as the classes, then we have a subset of users that want a /src dir created in their WAR. Then when we do that, we have another subset of users who think we should also ship project settings with the WAR as well… at which point we just have to point out that using File > Export > Archive is a much more effective way to share the project than overloading the use of a WAR.

Also XHTML support is being worked on. I make a lot of noise every release that doesn’t have it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: WAR import (and export with source code)

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in