facebook

WAS 7 – "Failed to Connect to remote VM"

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

msalman86

Hey,

I am trying to setup remote debug but when I try to connect to it, it gives me the error: “Failed to connect to remote VM. Connection timed out org.eclipse.jdi.TimeoutException”

MyEclipse Blue: Version: 8.6.1

WAS 7: Version 7.0.0.19

I setup the JVM debug options on WAS 7 admin console

Application servers > server1 > Process definition > Java Virtual Machine

-Xdebug -Xnoagent -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=n,address=8000

MyEclipse debug configuration

Application was deployed on WAS via WAS admin console. It is up and running. WAS 7 instance is running in a debug mode via MyEclipse. Windows’ firewall is off.

I would really appreciate if someone could help me to resolve this, thanking in advance.

#323169 Reply

support-swapna

msalman86 ,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

1) Can you please clear the contents of the .log file which is located at <workspace dir>/.metadata/.log , replicate the issue and paste the entire contents of the .log file here for us ?

2) Can you please ensure the Debugging Service is enabled in WAS-Admin console ? Also recheck the debug port. It will be available on the admin console > Server > server1 > ports. Make sure the debugging port is active.

3) Can you also try increasing the Communication preferences under
    Window>Preferences>Java>Debug>Communication ?

Let us know how it works for you.

#323200 Reply

msalman86

@support-swapna wrote:

msalman86 ,

Sorry that you are seeing this issue.

1) Can you please clear the contents of the .log file which is located at <workspace dir>/.metadata/.log , replicate the issue and paste the entire contents of the .log file here for us ?

Thank you for your quick reply. The log is below, the first fail entry was before I increased the debug communication value:

java.version=1.6.0_13
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
    Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

!ENTRY com.genuitec.eclipse.easie.core 2 0 2012-02-10 10:28:22.147
    !MESSAGE Server websphere7Server#AppSrv01 shutdown has not completed in 90 seconds. Please use the "Update Server Status" action to update the server status.

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jdt.launching 4 113 2012-02-10 10:51:28.732
    !MESSAGE Failed to connect to remote VM. Connection timed out.
    !STACK 0
    org.eclipse.jdi.TimeoutException
        at org.eclipse.jdi.internal.connect.SocketTransportService.attach(SocketTransportService.java:151)
        at org.eclipse.jdi.internal.connect.SocketTransportImpl.attach(SocketTransportImpl.java:43)
        at org.eclipse.jdi.internal.connect.SocketAttachingConnectorImpl.attach(SocketAttachingConnectorImpl.java:118)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.launching.SocketAttachConnector.connect(SocketAttachConnector.java:139)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.launching.JavaRemoteApplicationLaunchConfigurationDelegate.launch(JavaRemoteApplicationLaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:79)
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:853)
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:703)
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.java:866)
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$8.run(DebugUIPlugin.java:1069)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.jdt.launching 4 113 2012-02-10 10:54:26.200
    !MESSAGE Failed to connect to remote VM. Connection timed out.
    !STACK 0
    org.eclipse.jdi.TimeoutException
        at org.eclipse.jdi.internal.connect.SocketTransportService.attach(SocketTransportService.java:151)
        at org.eclipse.jdi.internal.connect.SocketTransportImpl.attach(SocketTransportImpl.java:43)
        at org.eclipse.jdi.internal.connect.SocketAttachingConnectorImpl.attach(SocketAttachingConnectorImpl.java:118)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.launching.SocketAttachConnector.connect(SocketAttachConnector.java:139)
        at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.launching.JavaRemoteApplicationLaunchConfigurationDelegate.launch(JavaRemoteApplicationLaunchConfigurationDelegate.java:79)
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:853)
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:703)
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.java:866)
        at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$8.run(DebugUIPlugin.java:1069)
        at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

2) Can you please ensure the Debugging Service is enabled in WAS-Admin console ? Also recheck the debug port. It will be available on the admin console > Server > server1 > ports. Make sure the debugging port is active.

1 – Debugging service is enabled and port is same. Attaching screen shots for you.

2 – I couldn’t find the port in admin console > Server > server1 > ports. Do I need to add this port there?

Thank you for your support 🙂

#323229 Reply

support-swapna

msalman86,

Thank you for the details.

1) Can you clarify if you have restarted the WAS after checking the “Enable service at Server startup” (admin console > Application servers > server1 > Debugging Service )
    ? If no, then please restart the server and check if you still see the issue.

2) How much did you increase the Communications value ? Share the number please.

#323235 Reply

msalman86

@support-swapna wrote:

msalman86,

Thank you for the details.

1) Can you clarify if you have restarted the WAS after checking the “Enable service at Server startup” (admin console > Application servers > server1 > Debugging Service )
    ? If no, then please restart the server and check if you still see the issue.

I have restarted it many times and tried it again and again but same error.

@support-swapna wrote:

2) How much did you increase the Communications value ? Share the number please.

Debugger timeout (ms): 10000
    Launch timeout (ms): 50000

Once again, thank you for your assistance.

#323273 Reply

support-swapna

msalman86,

Thank for the details.

1) Can you clarify if you are running the “remote” WebSphere on the localhost? If its a remote server, then please put correct hostname and ip address in the connection screen.

2) Also can you try increasing the Debugger timeout to a higher value and check ?
    Take a look at this link :
    http://blog.chintoju.com/2008/06/eclipserad-debugger-timing-out-before-starting-server.html

Let us know how it works for you.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: WAS 7 – "Failed to Connect to remote VM"

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in