facebook

Web App deployment and debugging with WebLogic 9.0

1. MyEclipse Archived
  2.  > 
  3. Application Servers and Deployment
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

wagles

Am using WebLogic 9.0 with MyEclipse 5.1 and jdk 1.5.

1) I tried using the ‘exploded archive’ mechanism for deploying a WebApp to WebLogic, and while the IDE showed the status of deployment as ‘OK’, i.e. success, the deployment did not actually occur on WebLogic. Does weblogic not support the ‘exploded archive’ mechanism of weblogic?

2) Then I tried the ‘packaged archive’ mechanism for deployment the WebApp and now the web app got successfully deployed. But this mechanism of deployment takes quite long – about 4 mins. This may partly be because the webapp itself is not too small. But 4 minutes is still more than the time the ant build script takes and quite a bit when I am actively development. Any ideas on why it is taking longer and are there any ways of reducing this deployment time?

3)Lastly, although the JSP debugging stops at the breakpoint, it is effectively not working. I get the message-> Source not found for xyz.jsp line: 123. Why am I getting this message and is there a fix for this?

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks

#263753 Reply

Riyad Kalla

1) I tried using the ‘exploded archive’ mechanism for deploying a WebApp to WebLogic, and while the IDE showed the status of deployment as ‘OK’, i.e. success, the deployment did not actually occur on WebLogic. Does weblogic not support the ‘exploded archive’ mechanism of weblogic?

You likely need to login to the WebLogic administration console and “Install” the app atleast once from there, then WebLogic will be aware of it and in MyEclipse as you make changes they will be copied out. Until you do this, the app is in the right location, but WebLogic just hasn’t been made aware of it’s presence. WebSphere is similar in this regard where as JBoss/Tomcat/Glassfish/SunAppServer and others will automatically pickup new apps and deploy them.

I’m sure it’s a setting somewhere in WL, I just don’t know where.

2) Then I tried the ‘packaged archive’ mechanism for deployment the WebApp and now the web app got successfully deployed. But this mechanism of deployment takes quite long – about 4 mins. This may partly be because the webapp itself is not too small. But 4 minutes is still more than the time the ant build script takes and quite a bit when I am actively development. Any ideas on why it is taking longer and are there any ways of reducing this deployment time?

You can deploy the project once as packaged, then after it’s installed in WL, remove the packaged deployment and re-create the exploded one, it will “overlay” itself ontop of the one WebLogic was managing.

3)Lastly, although the JSP debugging stops at the breakpoint, it is effectively not working. I get the message-> Source not found for xyz.jsp line: 123. Why am I getting this message and is there a fix for this?

There is a long-running thread here:
    https://www.genuitec.com/forums/topic/jsp-debugging-source-not-found-3/#post-263723

about this issue and it’s essentially been a problem of reproducability on our end. We cannot reproduce the issue with any small projects and it seems it’s only triggered with large projects but none of the folks that are having the problem can send us their entire project and tell us how to successfully reproduce the problem.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Web App deployment and debugging with WebLogic 9.0

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in