facebook

Web Context Root value ignored in depoyed Jakarta EE 9.1 project

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Paolo Clerici
    Participant

I’m using MyEclipse 2024.1.0 and need to deploy a Jakarta EE 9.1 project to a TomEE 9.1 server. Project name is “NGWebTemplate-2.0” and in the project properties (“Deployment” -> “Deployment Assembly” -> “Web Context Root”) it is indicated to deploy to the cotext root “ngwt”. When I deploy the “Web Context Root” value is not considered and the deployment is performed in a directory that has the same name as the project (“NGWebTemplate-2.0”).

#701676 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Paolo,

Thanks for the report – we’ve been able to replicate this in 2024 as well. Could you help us prioritize this fix, is this something you can live with for the near term or is it affecting your work and you’d need a fix soon?

Apologies for the inconvenience caused around this!

#701678 Reply

Paolo Clerici
    Participant

I Brian,
    It’s not a big deal at the moment. I’m progressively migrating the projects from 2017 version (where it worked) to 2024 version. In a couple of months, when I start migrating all the projects, it could become a more serious problem.
    Thanks for the support.

#701727 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Paolo,

Appreciate the details, thank you. I’ll work on this in the background, you should have a fix well in time for your larger migration. Please also let me know if you run into any other issues with 2024; the jump from 2017 is quite large, but we’ve tried to not rock the boat too much. Hopefully you won’t run into more issues, but do let us know.

Thanks!

#701830 Reply

Brian Fernandes

Paolo,

Just had a few additional questions:

1) What application server (and version) were you deploying to with 2017?
    2) Are you deploying the web project directly to the server or is it part of an EAR? (i.e. are you deploying the EAR which in turn is deploying the web project?)
    3) Is NGWebTemplate-2.0 a Maven based project?

Thanks!

#701848 Reply

Paolo Clerici
    Participant

I Brian,
    1) Apache Tomcat 7 and 9
    2) Directly to the server
    3) Yes

Thanks for the support.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Reply To: Web Context Root value ignored in depoyed Jakarta EE 9.1 project

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in