facebook

Web.xml overwritten with new Web project and existing srcs

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

If you create a new web application project with existing sources, then the existing web.xml file is overwritten with a new one.

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Create a web application without using Eclipse. It is sufficient for this bug to have a directory called WEB-INF and a web.xml file in it.

2. Create a new project by going to File, New Project and selecting Web Application under the MyEclipse, Java Enterprise Projects folder.

3. Ensure the project is located in the same location as your existing web application.

Like a Java Project created in Eclipse, I expect it to determine that I already have sources and I want these used in my new project. That means, I expect my existing web.xml to be used. However it is overwritten with a default web.xml file.

#273304 Reply

Loyal Water

You should be importing the project instead of creating a new project. Go to File > Import > General > Import Existing projects into workspace and see if that helps.

#273330 Reply

Thanks for the reply.

If this was an Eclipse project I would, however this is not an Eclipse project. It was created without an IDE. Import Existing Projects only adds an Eclipse project to the workspace.

Therefore it would be good for this to be changed (web.xml not overwritten).

#273346 Reply

Loyal Water

Ill mark this as a feature request. Thanks for this post.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Web.xml overwritten with new Web project and existing srcs

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in