facebook

Where does mySQL data gets stored in jboss? [Closed]

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. General Development
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

robinsingh

ENVIRONMENT DETAILS:
    I have configured myEclipse with jboss 4.0 RC1
    on windows XP professional(SP2) using Java[TM] 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition 1.4 SDK using
    Eclipse Platform
    Version: 3.0.0
    Build id: 200406251208
    jdk version(build 1.4.2_05-b04)

Just a day ago , I upgraded myself to a registered member for myEclipseIDE.Today i started working on it —
    and was trying to configure jboss to run with mySql 4.0.21
    I have followed instructions given in the jboss4.0 Getting started Guide
    available at jboss.org

1)copied mysql-connector-java-3.0.15-ga.bin.jar to the jboss’s ..\default\deploy directory

2)edited the docs\examples\jca\mysql-ds.xml
    and copied it to the e:\jboss-4\server\default\deploy directory.

3) edited mysql-jdbc2-service.xml and replaced the occurence of
    MySqlDS with DefaultDS and replaced the file jms/hsql-jdbc2-service.xml in the deploy directory with mysql-jdbc2-service.xml

–mysql-ds.xml listing —

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!-- $Id: mysql-ds.xml,v 1.2 2003/12/12 19:22:31 starksm Exp $ -->
    <!--  Datasource config for MySQL using 3.0.9 available from:
    http://www.mysql.com/downloads/api-jdbc-stable.html
    -->

<datasources>
      <local-tx-datasource>
        <jndi-name>DefaultDS</jndi-name>
        <connection-url>jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/jboss</connection-url>
        <driver-class>com.mysql.jdbc.Driver</driver-class>
        <user-name>root</user-name>
        <password></password>
      </local-tx-datasource>

</datasources>

then i start the jboss inside the myEclipseIDE , it starts with the listed output(listed in the end of the post) in the console window.

Then i try to connect to the mySql database using DB explorer prospective.
    connection properties are following ::

Driver ::mySql connector/J driver
    URL::jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/jboss (I have created a jboss database in the mySql database from the command prompt)
    username :: root
    password ::         

following message is shown as the reason of the connection failure by myEclipseIDE:
    The connection to mySQL failed: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver

Now i Dont know where the problem is ..
    kindly help me with this.!

robin

*********console output of jboss Startup************

01:45:30,835 INFO  [Server] Starting JBoss (MX MicroKernel)...
    01:45:30,855 INFO  [Server] Release ID: JBoss [Zion] 4.0.0RC1 (build: CVSTag=JBoss_4_0_0_RC1 date=200407202112)
    01:45:30,865 INFO  [Server] Home Dir: E:\jboss4
    01:45:30,865 INFO  [Server] Home URL: file:/E:/jboss4/
    01:45:30,865 INFO  [Server] Library URL: file:/E:/jboss4/lib/
    01:45:30,865 INFO  [Server] Patch URL: null
    01:45:30,865 INFO  [Server] Server Name: default
    01:45:30,865 INFO  [Server] Server Home Dir: E:\jboss4\server\default
    01:45:30,865 INFO  [Server] Server Home URL: file:/E:/jboss4/server/default/
    01:45:30,865 INFO  [Server] Server Data Dir: E:\jboss4\server\default\data
    01:45:30,865 INFO  [Server] Server Temp Dir: E:\jboss4\server\default\tmp
    01:45:30,875 INFO  [Server] Server Config URL: file:/E:/jboss4/server/default/conf/
    01:45:30,875 INFO  [Server] Server Library URL: file:/E:/jboss4/server/default/lib/
    01:45:30,875 INFO  [Server] Root Deployment Filename: jboss-service.xml
    01:45:30,895 INFO  [Server] Starting General Purpose Architecture (GPA)...
    01:45:32,207 INFO  [ServerInfo] Java version: 1.4.2_05,Sun Microsystems Inc.
    01:45:32,207 INFO  [ServerInfo] Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 1.4.2_05-b04,Sun Microsystems Inc.
    01:45:32,207 INFO  [ServerInfo] OS-System: Windows XP 5.1,x86
    01:45:33,008 INFO  [Server] Core system initialized
    01:45:39,407 INFO  [Log4jService$URLWatchTimerTask] Configuring from URL: resource:log4j.xml
    01:45:40,339 INFO  [WebService] Using RMI server codebase: http://robinlaptop:8083/
    01:45:40,509 INFO  [NamingService] Started jnpPort=1099, rmiPort=1098, backlog=50, bindAddress=null, Client SocketFactory=null, Server SocketFactory=null
    01:45:58,885 INFO  [RARDeployment] Required license terms exist view the META-INF/ra.xml: file:/E:/jboss4/server/default/deploy/jms/jms-ra.rar
    01:45:59,356 INFO  [RARDeployment] Required license terms exist view the META-INF/ra.xml: file:/E:/jboss4/server/default/deploy/jboss-local-jdbc.rar
    01:45:59,747 INFO  [RARDeployment] Required license terms exist view the META-INF/ra.xml: file:/E:/jboss4/server/default/deploy/jboss-xa-jdbc.rar
    01:46:02,861 INFO  [Embedded] Catalina naming disabled
    01:46:04,834 INFO  [Http11Protocol] Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-0.0.0.0-8080
    01:46:04,944 INFO  [Catalina] Initialization processed in 1842 ms
    01:46:04,954 INFO  [StandardService] Starting service jboss.web
    01:46:04,974 INFO  [StandardEngine] Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/5.0.27-dev
    01:46:05,064 INFO  [StandardHost] XML validation disabled
    01:46:05,185 INFO  [Catalina] Server startup in 231 ms
    01:46:05,655 INFO  [TomcatDeployer] deploy, ctxPath=/http-invoker, warUrl=file:/E:/jboss4/server/default/deploy/http-invoker.sar/http-invoker.war/
    01:46:10,182 INFO  [TomcatDeployer] deploy, ctxPath=/ws4ee, warUrl=file:/E:/jboss4/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp50553jboss-ws4ee-exp.war/
    01:46:10,823 INFO  [TomcatDeployer] deploy, ctxPath=/, warUrl=file:/E:/jboss4/server/default/deploy/jbossweb-tomcat50.sar/ROOT.war/
    01:46:11,233 INFO  [TomcatDeployer] deploy, ctxPath=/jbossmq-httpil, warUrl=file:/E:/jboss4/server/default/deploy/jms/jbossmq-httpil.sar/jbossmq-httpil.war/
    01:46:11,964 INFO  [ConnectionFactoryBindingService] Bound connection factory for resource adapter for ConnectionManager 'jboss.jca:name=JmsXA,service=ConnectionFactoryBinding to JNDI name 'java:JmsXA'
    01:46:12,335 INFO  [WrapperDataSourceService] Bound connection factory for resource adapter for ConnectionManager 'jboss.jca:name=DefaultDS,service=DataSourceBinding to JNDI name 'java:DefaultDS'
    01:46:15,209 INFO  [A] Bound to JNDI name: queue/A
    01:46:15,219 INFO  [B] Bound to JNDI name: queue/B
    01:46:15,229 INFO  [C] Bound to JNDI name: queue/C
    01:46:15,229 INFO  [D] Bound to JNDI name: queue/D
    01:46:15,239 INFO  [ex] Bound to JNDI name: queue/ex
    01:46:15,379 INFO  [testTopic] Bound to JNDI name: topic/testTopic
    01:46:15,379 INFO  [securedTopic] Bound to JNDI name: topic/securedTopic
    01:46:15,389 INFO  [testDurableTopic] Bound to JNDI name: topic/testDurableTopic
    01:46:15,389 INFO  [testQueue] Bound to JNDI name: queue/testQueue
    01:46:15,620 INFO  [OILServerILService] JBossMQ OIL service available at : 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:8090
    01:46:16,230 INFO  [OIL2ServerILService] JBossMQ OIL2 service available at : 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:8092
    01:46:16,411 INFO  [UILServerILService] JBossMQ UIL service available at : 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0:8093
    01:46:16,591 INFO  [DLQ] Bound to JNDI name: queue/DLQ
    01:46:17,652 INFO  [MailService] Mail Service bound to java:/Mail
    01:46:18,794 INFO  [BlockingServer] Remoting 'async' protocol clients will connect to: InvokerLocator [async://192.168.1.101:8085/?compression=-1&tcp.nodelay=true]
    01:46:20,266 INFO  [EjbModule] Deploying MEJB
    01:46:20,547 WARN  [EjbModule] The Container Invoker session-webservice-invoker (in jboss.xml or standardjboss.xml) could not be created because of java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: No ClassLoaders found for: org.jboss.net.ws4ee.server.EJBProxyFactoryImpl We will ignore this error, but you may miss a transport for this bean.
    01:46:20,827 INFO  [EJBDeployer] Deployed: file:/E:/jboss4/server/default/deploy/management/ejb-management.jar
    01:46:21,268 INFO  [TomcatDeployer] deploy, ctxPath=/jmx-console, warUrl=file:/E:/jboss4/server/default/deploy/jmx-console.war/
    01:46:25,323 INFO  [TomcatDeployer] deploy, ctxPath=/web-console, warUrl=file:/E:/jboss4/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp50607web-console-exp.war/
    01:46:32,804 INFO  [Server] JBoss (MX MicroKernel) [4.0.0RC1 (build: CVSTag=JBoss_4_0_0_RC1 date=200407202112)] Started in 1m:1s:909ms
    01:46:32,804 INFO  [Tomcat5] Saw org.jboss.system.server.started notification, starting connectors
    01:46:33,065 INFO  [Http11Protocol] Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-0.0.0.0-8080
    01:46:33,615 INFO  [ChannelSocket] JK2: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
    01:46:33,635 INFO  [JkMain] Jk running ID=0 time=0/160  config=null

#216727 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Robin,
    First let me thank you for an excellent problem report, a lot of detail to work with.

2nd I would suggest you upgrade to JBoss 4.0 Final, between the RC releases and JBoss 4.0 final, they changed their launch model that required connector code changes on our end, making our connector flaky with pre-final releases of JBoss (just to help you avoid future issues with that).

3rd, did you setup the driver in the Database Explorer to use for MySQL databases? (You need to setup this drive in MyEclipse independent of your app server). Navigate here: Window > Preferneces > MyEclipse > Database Explorer > Drivers, does “MMMySQL Driver” have a blue checkmark next to it? If you select it, then click Edit, then flip to the “Extra Class Path” tab, is the MySQL Connector/J JAR correctly listed here? If your “Driver Class Name” at the bottom: “com.mysql.jdbc.Driver”?

Also to make sure your DB is working correctly, you can grab the MySQL Administration and Query tools (excellent tools IMO) from MySQL’s Developer Site: http://dev.mysql.com/

#216744 Reply

robinsingh

okay , for the fact that all the books i am studying and the Dukeapplication EJB application that i am trying to deploy here , they all assume that jboss is running the default database i.e hypersonic SQL DB.
    So for now ..i am going to ask you regarding this . ( i will come back to mysql discussion in case i do need it later on ).This is all what i did after reading your reply.

1)updated jboss RC1 to jboss 4.0 final version
    2)it all starts fine now as well.(jboss with hypersonic sql DB)

————
    but i cannt connect to the hypersonic sql DB using the mysql DB explorer utility.
    kindly gimme pointers on this.
    when i open the Window > Preferneces > MyEclipse > Database Explorer > Drivers
    only jdbc/odbc driver has the blue checkmark next to it .that’s it.
    so my first Question would be :
    how to install the drivers for the hsqdb in the Drivers section here.
    Is there any tutorial put online by you guys already ..! ?

following are the connection details.

Driver : HSQLDB In-Memory
    URL:  jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost:1701
    Username :root
    password  :

for now , mySql is put in abeyance, since as you well pointed out , i dont need any separate Querytools for mySQL -it alreadys comes with great Querytools from http://www.mysql.com

The only problem is, hypersonic SQL DB provides seamless integration with jboss and mostly all the books’ authors follow it as a default standard for developing their tutorial applications.
    So i will try to stick to it for a while.
    2 things i need about it,,if you can tell me those (out of your considerable experience on this forums)
    1)SQL syntax/instructions documentation for hypersonic SQL DB
    2)QUery tool (that i already asked you ,,if you can help me workout your myECLIPSE query tool ..that’ll be great )

last word of advice from you guys :
    wich DAtabase wud you personally advice for me to stick to
    HSQLDB vs mySQL
    (i am talking about the seamless integration in development scene
    i already got mySQL working with jboss once, i have the Query tools as well and its SQL docs as well..only thing i need is to know how to port the applications written for HSQL DB to mySQL
    Where all do i need to make changes , for this porting process.is it such a big-deal that i better stick to hsqlDB)

thanks in advance.
    waiting desperately ..:-)
    robin

#216772 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Robin,
    I would HIGHLY suggest you stay with MySQL, there are issues with HypersonicSQL support with the DB Explorer. Secondly, I gave you instructions in my previous post on how to add support for the MySQL driver, I will requote it here:

3rd, did you setup the driver in the Database Explorer to use for MySQL databases? (You need to setup this drive in MyEclipse independent of your app server). Navigate here: Window > Preferneces > MyEclipse > Database Explorer > Drivers, does “MMMySQL Driver” have a blue checkmark next to it? If you select it, then click Edit, then flip to the “Extra Class Path” tab, is the MySQL Connector/J JAR correctly listed here? If your “Driver Class Name” at the bottom: “com.mysql.jdbc.Driver”?

MySQL is strongly supported most everywhere and has a lot of good documentation with it, its also extremely fast with read-heavy sites which makes it great for most sites. PostgreSQL is another very powerful database that you can use if you need something like Oracle but want to use open source.

As far as a tutorial for Database Explorer, just click on Help > Contents, and you should see an entire section of the Help dedicated to the Database Explorer.

#216788 Reply

robinsingh

Okay , I can then stick on the mySQL.
    the only thing i need to know is ,, how do i undeploy already deployed EJBapplications from jboss.
    I have deployed the sample Duke bank Application , while trying to port it from SUN A.S to jBoss A.s

1)their jmx-console is highly UN-intuitive for me to guess how to do it.
    P.S I havent deployed this application using myEclipise but i deployed it using some ant scripts
    that they provided ,,,i dont know why they didnt provide any undeployment scripts..

The reason i ask this is , if i try to configure the mySQL with jboss now .. whenever I start the jboss A.S
    with new mySQL configuration , it starts throwing errors for the fact that its already deployed application like dukebank is not written for mySQL but rather for HSQL db.

So i wanna make sure i have undeployed all hsqlDB specific projects from the jboss before configuring it to work with mySQL ,…!!!!
    I earlier had trouble working out things with Sun A.S , and some of your support people
    suggested i work with jboss -its easier . so kindly provide me with this li’l jboss support so that i can
    get going with my development process.!!

Please help me with this.

regards
    Robin

#216800 Reply

Riyad Kalla

how do i undeploy already deployed EJBapplications from jboss.

Please check the JBoss documentation for this. The easiest way I can think to do this is to shut down the app server, remove the deployment from MyEclipse, then go into the <jboss install dir>\server\default\deploy directory and erase the dir for your app.

1)their jmx-console is highly UN-intuitive for me to guess how to do it.
    P.S I havent deployed this application using myEclipise but i deployed it using some ant scripts
    that they provided ,,,i dont know why they didnt provide any undeployment scripts..

Sorry I can’t help in this area, I’m not farmiliar with their console.

it starts throwing errors for the fact that its already deployed application like dukebank is not written for mySQL but rather for HSQL db.

This has got to be covered in their forums somewhere, you can’t be the first person trying this… I”m sure someone will know.

so kindly provide me with this li’l jboss support so that i can
    get going with my development process.!!

Robin, I have provided all the information I can. Our suggestion to use JBoss is based on community and user assessment, as far as HOW to work with JBoss, you really need to look at the JBoss site, check forums, tutorials and use google. If i knew more about JBoss I would certainly tell you, but we have hit the limit on what I know.

#216822 Reply

robinsingh

hi i am sorry for asking the details wich didnt fall under your regime .
    okay , earlier in this post ..regarding one of my Queries , you had pointed out that i should update to jboss 4.0 final version from 4.0 RC1 version.

2nd I would suggest you upgrade to JBoss 4.0 Final, between the RC releases and JBoss 4.0 final, they changed their launch model that required connector code changes on our end, making our connector flaky with pre-final releases of JBoss (just to help you avoid future issues with that)

——————————
    P.S my reason for being persistent with running jboss4.0 final version
    error free with mySQL is that i wanna avoid any future Development
    process’ problems.
    ——————————–

Now i have two installations of both these version in separate directories on the same machine.I have configured both the versions separately with mySQL by changing the same files in both of them.I have noticed the mySQL installation is way bigger(in MB’s) than the RC1 version.

Anyway the point is when i start the jboss RC1(default configuration) in myEclipse ,it starts all fine.no errors watsoever.
    but when i start the jboss 4.0 final version(default config), ( i understand it has lots more features in it)-it throws one exception regarding some java.sql.SQLException (in the end it does say something about the EJBTimerService .. in the end it shows the root cause of the problem.:

Would you be aware as of why is it happening..do you know of any changes that were made in the jboss that are causing this.
    I dont have any applications deployed on any of the installations.
    I shutdown one before running the other version.

P.S please dont feel obliged at all , I understand YOU PPL DONT HAVE TO answer LITERALLY ANY QUERY that circles around myEclipse Plugin.
    I am asking you this coz rite now i think you are best ppl available to us – the myEclipse users – as you are the best tech support available around.
    (which is why i PAID FOR myECLIPSE plugin)
    I have posted same query on the jboss as well but didnt hear anything since a couple of days.

So kindly help.I would really appreciate any expert comments/helpful pointers from you regarding this.
    Thanks a lot .

13:31:40,680 ERROR [URLDeploymentScanner] Incomplete Deployment listing:
    MBeans waiting for other MBeans:
    ObjectName: jboss.ejb:persistencePolicy=database,service=EJBTimerService
     state: FAILED
     I Depend On:  jboss.jca:name=DefaultDS,service=DataSourceBinding

Depends On Me: java.sql.SQLException: Syntax error or access violation message
    from server: "You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corre
    sponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'INTERVAL b
    igint,
               INSTANCEPK other,
               INFO o"

MBEANS THAT ARE THE ROOT CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM:

from server: "You have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corre
    sponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'INTERVAL b
    igint,
               INSTANCEPK other,
               INFO o"

13:31:40,961 INFO  [Http11Protocol] Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-0.0.0.0-808
    13:31:41,191 INFO  [ChannelSocket] JK2: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
    13:31:41,201 INFO  [JkMain] Jk running ID=0 time=0/80  config=null
    13:31:41,211 INFO  [Server] JBoss (MX MicroKernel) [4.0.0 (build: CVSTag=JBoss_4
    _0_0 date=200409200418)] Started in 25s:6ms

I am also pasting the whole log of console output when i run this default config of jboss 4.0 just making sure i didnt miss anything
    what’s pasted above is what “I THINK” the ROOT CAUSE of the problem – as gets stated so by the jboss itself

E:\jboss-4.0.0\bin>run
    ===============================================================================
      JBoss Bootstrap Environment
      JBOSS_HOME: E:\jboss-4.0.0\bin\\..
      JAVA: e:\j2sdk142_05\bin\java
      JAVA_OPTS:  -Dprogram.name=run.bat -Xms128m -Xmx512m
      CLASSPATH: e:\j2sdk142_05\lib\tools.jar;E:\jboss-4.0.0\bin\\run.jar
    ===============================================================================
    13:31:15,834 INFO  [Server] Starting JBoss (MX MicroKernel)...
    13:31:15,844 INFO  [Server] Release ID: JBoss [Zion] 4.0.0 (build: CVSTag=JBoss_
    4_0_0 date=200409200418)
    13:31:15,844 INFO  [Server] Home Dir: E:\jboss-4.0.0
    13:31:15,844 INFO  [Server] Home URL: file:/E:/jboss-4.0.0/
    13:31:15,844 INFO  [Server] Library URL: file:/E:/jboss-4.0.0/lib/
    13:31:15,844 INFO  [Server] Patch URL: null
    13:31:15,844 INFO  [Server] Server Name: default
    13:31:15,844 INFO  [Server] Server Home Dir: E:\jboss-4.0.0\server\default
    13:31:15,844 INFO  [Server] Server Home URL: file:/E:/jboss-4.0.0/server/default
    /
    13:31:15,844 INFO  [Server] Server Data Dir: E:\jboss-4.0.0\server\default\data
    13:31:15,844 INFO  [Server] Server Temp Dir: E:\jboss-4.0.0\server\default\tmp
    13:31:15,854 INFO  [Server] Server Config URL: file:/E:/jboss-4.0.0/server/defau
    lt/conf/
    13:31:15,854 INFO  [Server] Server Library URL: file:/E:/jboss-4.0.0/server/defa
    ult/lib/
    13:31:15,854 INFO  [Server] Root Deployment Filename: jboss-service.xml
    13:31:15,864 INFO  [Server] Starting General Purpose Architecture (GPA)...
    13:31:16,475 INFO  [ServerInfo] Java version: 1.4.2_05,Sun Microsystems Inc.
    13:31:16,475 INFO  [ServerInfo] Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM 1.4.2_05-b04
    ,Sun Microsystems Inc.
    13:31:16,475 INFO  [ServerInfo] OS-System: Windows XP 5.1,x86
    13:31:17,136 INFO  [Server] Core system initialized
    13:31:20,902 INFO  [Log4jService$URLWatchTimerTask] Configuring from URL: resour
    ce:log4j.xml
    13:31:21,052 INFO  [WebService] Using RMI server codebase: http://robinLaptopp:8
    083/
    13:31:21,272 INFO  [NamingService] Started jnpPort=1099, rmiPort=1098, backlog=5
    0, bindAddress=/0.0.0.0, Client SocketFactory=null, Server SocketFactory=org.jbo
    ss.net.sockets.DefaultSocketFactory@ad093076
    13:31:25,869 INFO  [Embedded] Catalina naming disabled
    13:31:26,880 INFO  [Http11Protocol] Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-0.0.0.0
    13:31:26,950 INFO  [Catalina] Initialization processed in 961 ms
    13:31:26,950 INFO  [StandardService] Starting service jboss.web
    13:31:26,960 INFO  [StandardEngine] Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/5.0.2
    13:31:27,000 INFO  [StandardHost] XML validation disabled
    13:31:27,051 INFO  [Catalina] Server startup in 101 ms
    13:31:27,371 INFO  [TomcatDeployer] deploy, ctxPath=/ebxmlrr, warUrl=file:/E:/jb
    oss-4.0.0/server/default/deploy/ebxmlrr-service.sar/ebxmlrr.war/
    13:31:27,902 INFO  [WebappLoader] Dual registration of jndi stream handler: fact
    ory already defined
    13:31:28,362 INFO  [STDOUT] Initialized REST
    13:31:28,503 INFO  [SAAJServlet] init
    13:31:29,314 INFO  [SAAJServlet] init
    13:31:29,694 INFO  [TomcatDeployer] deploy, ctxPath=/ws4ee, warUrl=file:/E:/jbos
    s-4.0.0/server/default/tmp/deploy/tmp31319jboss-ws4ee-exp.war/
    13:31:29,995 INFO  [TomcatDeployer] deploy, ctxPath=/, warUrl=file:/E:/jboss-4.0
    .0/server/default/deploy/jbossweb-tomcat50.sar/ROOT.war/
    13:31:32,799 INFO  [STDOUT] [ jacorb.home unset! Will use '.' ]
    13:31:32,799 INFO  [STDOUT] [ File .\jacorb.properties for configuration jacorb
    not found ]
    13:31:33,199 INFO  [interceptors] InterceptorManager started with 2 SIs, 2 CIs a
    nd 4 IORIs
    13:31:33,480 INFO  [orb] ORB run
    13:31:33,630 INFO  [CorbaNamingService] Naming: [IOR:000000000000002B49444C3A6F6
    D672E6F72672F436F734E616D696E672F4E616D696E67436F6E746578744578743A312E300000000
    0000200000000000000E8000102000000000E3139322E3136382E312E313031000DC8000000114A4
    26F73732F4E616D696E672F726F6F74000000000000060000000000000008000000004A414300000
    000010000001C0000000000010001000000010501000100010109000000010501000100000014000
    000080000001A00000DC900000021000000500000000000000001000000000000002400000020000
    0007E00000000000000010000000E3139322E3136382E312E313031000DC90000000000000000000
    00000000000000000000000000000000000000000002000000004000000000000001F00000004000
    0000300000001000000440000000000000003000000010000001C000000000001000100000001050
    100010001010900000001050100010000002000000004000000000000001F0000000400000003]
    13:31:33,850 INFO  [naming] re-Bound name: TransactionService
    13:31:33,850 INFO  [CorbaTransactionService] TransactionFactory: [IOR:0000000000
    00003049444C3A6F72672F6A626F73732F746D2F69696F702F5472616E73616374696F6E46616374
    6F72794578743A312E30000000000200000000000000E8000102000000000E3139322E3136382E31
    2E313031000DC8000000144A426F73732F5472616E73616374696F6E732F46000000060000000000
    000008000000004A414300000000010000001C000000000001000100000001050100010001010900
    0000010501000100000014000000080000001A00000DC90000002100000050000000000000000100
    00000000000024000000200000007E00000000000000010000000E3139322E3136382E312E313031
    000DC900000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000200000000400
    0000000000001F000000040000000300000001000000440000000000000003000000010000001C00
    00000000010001000000010501000100010109000000010501000100000020000000040000000000
    00001F0000000400000003]
    13:31:33,860 INFO  [naming] re-Bound name: UserTransaction
    13:31:35,393 INFO  [RARDeployment] Required license terms exist view the META-IN
    F/ra.xml: file:/E:/jboss-4.0.0/server/default/deploy/jms/jms-ra.rar
    13:31:35,693 INFO  [RARDeployment] Required license terms exist view the META-IN
    F/ra.xml: file:/E:/jboss-4.0.0/server/default/deploy/jboss-local-jdbc.rar
    13:31:35,873 INFO  [RARDeployment] Required license terms exist view the META-IN
    F/ra.xml: file:/E:/jboss-4.0.0/server/default/deploy/jboss-xa-jdbc.rar
    13:31:36,674 INFO  [ConnectionFactoryBindingService] Bound connection factory fo
    r resource adapter for ConnectionManager 'jboss.jca:name=JmsXA,service=Connectio
    nFactoryBinding to JNDI name 'java:JmsXA'
    13:31:36,764 INFO  [WrapperDataSourceService] Bound connection factory for resou
    rce adapter for ConnectionManager 'jboss.jca:name=DefaultDS,service=DataSourceBi
    nding to JNDI name 'java:DefaultDS'
    13:31:37,175 ERROR [DatabasePersistencePolicy] Starting failed jboss.ejb:persist
    encePolicy=database,service=EJBTimerService
    java.sql.SQLException: Syntax error or access violation message from server: "Yo
    u have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corresponds to your M
    ySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'INTERVAL bigint,
               INSTANCEPK other,
               INFO o"
            at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:1997)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:1167)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:1278)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQuery(MysqlIO.java:1224)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:2244)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:2192)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.Statement.executeUpdate(Statement.java:1259)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.Statement.executeUpdate(Statement.java:1205)
            at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrappedStatement.executeUpdate(Wrappe
    dStatement.java:229)
            at org.jboss.ejb.txtimer.DatabasePersistencePolicy.createTableIfNotExist
    s(DatabasePersistencePolicy.java:403)
            at org.jboss.ejb.txtimer.DatabasePersistencePolicy.startService(Database
    PersistencePolicy.java:102)
            at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalStart(ServiceMBeanS
    upport.java:271)
            at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.start(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:1
    72)
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.
    java:39)
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
    sorImpl.java:25)
            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
            at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ReflectedDispatcher.invoke(ReflectedDispatch
    er.java:141)
            at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.dispatch(Invocation.java:80)
            at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:72)
            at org.jboss.mx.server.AbstractMBeanInvoker.invoke(AbstractMBeanInvoker.
    java:242)
            at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:642)
            at org.jboss.system.ServiceController$ServiceProxy.invoke(ServiceControl
    ler.java:908)
            at $Proxy0.start(Unknown Source)
            at org.jboss.system.ServiceController.start(ServiceController.java:416)
            at org.jboss.system.ServiceController.start(ServiceController.java:438)
            at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor6.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at org.jboss.mx.util.MBeanProxyExt.invoke(MBeanProxyExt.java:176)
            at $Proxy4.start(Unknown Source)
            at org.jboss.deployment.SARDeployer.start(SARDeployer.java:261)
            at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.start(MainDeployer.java:935)
            at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:746)
            at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:709)
            at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor30.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.AbstractInterceptor.invoke(AbstractIntercept
    or.java:119)
            at org.jboss.mx.server.Invocation.invoke(Invocation.java:74)
            at org.jboss.mx.interceptor.ModelMBeanOperationInterceptor.invoke(ModelM
    BeanOperationInterceptor.java:131)
            at $Proxy8.deploy(Unknown Source)
            at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner.deploy(URLDeploymen
    tScanner.java:305)
            at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner.scan(URLDeploymentS
    canner.java:481)
            at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread.
    doScan(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:204)
            at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner.startService(A
    bstractDeploymentScanner.java:277)
            at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalLifecycle(ServiceMB
    eanSupport.java:221)
            at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor2.invoke(Unknown Source)
    ler.java:891)
            at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:693)
            at $Proxy5.deploy(Unknown Source)
            at org.jboss.system.server.ServerImpl.doStart(ServerImpl.java:396)
            at org.jboss.system.server.ServerImpl.start(ServerImpl.java:293)
            at org.jboss.Main.boot(Main.java:151)
            at org.jboss.Main$1.run(Main.java:405)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
    13:31:37,556 WARN  [ServiceController] Problem starting service jboss.ejb:persis
    tencePolicy=database,service=EJBTimerService
    java.sql.SQLException: Syntax error or access violation message from server: "Yo
    u have an error in your SQL syntax.  Check the manual that corresponds to your M
    ySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'INTERVAL bigint,
               INSTANCEPK other,
               INFO o"
            at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:1997)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:1167)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:1278)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQuery(MysqlIO.java:1224)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:2244)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.Connection.execSQL(Connection.java:2192)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.Statement.executeUpdate(Statement.java:1259)
            at com.mysql.jdbc.Statement.executeUpdate(Statement.java:1205)
            at org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.WrappedStatement.executeUpdate(Wrappe
    dStatement.java:229)
            at org.jboss.ejb.txtimer.DatabasePersistencePolicy.createTableIfNotExist
    s(DatabasePersistencePolicy.java:403)
            at org.jboss.ejb.txtimer.DatabasePersistencePolicy.startService(Database
    PersistencePolicy.java:102)
            at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.start(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:1
    72)
    ler.java:908)
            at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor30.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at $Proxy8.deploy(Unknown Source)
            at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner.deploy(URLDeploymen
    tScanner.java:305)
            at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.URLDeploymentScanner.scan(URLDeploymentS
    canner.java:481)
            at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner$ScannerThread.
    doScan(AbstractDeploymentScanner.java:204)
            at org.jboss.deployment.scanner.AbstractDeploymentScanner.startService(A
    bstractDeploymentScanner.java:277)
            at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalLifecycle(ServiceMB
    eanSupport.java:221)
            at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor2.invoke(Unknown Source)
    ler.java:891)
            at org.jboss.deployment.MainDeployer.deploy(MainDeployer.java:693)
            at $Proxy5.deploy(Unknown Source)
            at org.jboss.system.server.ServerImpl.doStart(ServerImpl.java:396)
            at org.jboss.system.server.ServerImpl.start(ServerImpl.java:293)
            at org.jboss.Main.boot(Main.java:151)
            at org.jboss.Main$1.run(Main.java:405)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
    13:31:38,567 INFO  [A] Bound to JNDI name: queue/A
    13:31:38,567 INFO  [B] Bound to JNDI name: queue/B
    13:31:38,577 INFO  [C] Bound to JNDI name: queue/C
    13:31:38,577 INFO  [D] Bound to JNDI name: queue/D
    13:31:38,587 INFO  [ex] Bound to JNDI name: queue/ex
    13:31:38,627 INFO  [testTopic] Bound to JNDI name: topic/testTopic
    13:31:38,627 INFO  [securedTopic] Bound to JNDI name: topic/securedTopic
    13:31:38,637 INFO  [testDurableTopic] Bound to JNDI name: topic/testDurableTopic

13:31:38,637 INFO  [testQueue] Bound to JNDI name: queue/testQueue
    13:31:38,677 INFO  [UILServerILService] JBossMQ UIL service available at : /0.0.
    0.0:8093
    13:31:38,797 INFO  [DLQ] Bound to JNDI name: queue/DLQ
    13:31:39,308 INFO  [MailService] Mail Service bound to java:/Mail
    13:31:39,458 INFO  [TomcatDeployer] deploy, ctxPath=/jmx-console, warUrl=file:/E
    :/jboss-4.0.0/server/default/deploy/jmx-console.war/
    13:31:39,779 INFO  [TomcatDeployer] deploy, ctxPath=/web-console, warUrl=file:/E
    :/jboss-4.0.0/server/default/deploy/management/web-console.war/
    13:31:40,680 ERROR [URLDeploymentScanner] Incomplete Deployment listing:
    MBeans waiting for other MBeans:

igint,
               INSTANCEPK other,
               INFO o"

MBEANS THAT ARE THE ROOT CAUSE OF THE PROBLEM:

igint,
               INSTANCEPK other,
               INFO o"

13:31:40,961 INFO  [Http11Protocol] Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-0.0.0.0-808
    13:31:41,191 INFO  [ChannelSocket] JK2: ajp13 listening on /0.0.0.0:8009
    13:31:41,201 INFO  [JkMain] Jk running ID=0 time=0/80  config=null
    13:31:41,211 INFO  [Server] JBoss (MX MicroKernel) [4.0.0 (build: CVSTag=JBoss_4
    _0_0 date=200409200418)] Started in 25s:6ms

#216847 Reply

Greg

Robin,

It looks like you have run into a known problem with MySql 4 + JBoss 4 + EJB development. It looks like the CREATE TABLE statement used by the EJBTimerService uses invalid SQL for a mysql 4 database, (INTERVAL is a key word and there is no datatype “other”).
    http://jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&t=54483

Unfortunately, the only remedy according to above thread is to modify the ejb-deployer.xml file in the JBoss4 deploy directory and making the “create table TIMERS (…” sql compatible with mysql. You could try changing the “other” column type to “blob” and see if that fixes it.

#216896 Reply

robinsingh

good job Greg,
    i have really been patient all these days..and seems like it always brings up positive results.
    A friend of mine has been urging me since yesterday to switch to another set of IDE and Appserver.
    but i have been pretty persistent about finding solutions on myEclipse + jboss 4.0 itself.

well as of now, the exceptions have stopped .. .the jboss 4.0.0 final version starts flawless..
    but as the guy who has posted the query , pointed out ..

I changed my ejb-deployer.xml so that the INTERVAL mySQL key word, was INTERVALS. Then changed the column types from OTHER to BLOB.

JBoss 4.0 has started and the errors from the EJBTimerService have stopped, but I’m waiting to see if there are any side-effects

well he’s darn right about it ..i dont know about the side effects either.
    i am going to continue with my development process , and lets see what else is in store for me ( more exceptions or success ..! 🙂

thanks a lot ..all u guys.. i will be back with more pretty soon..! 🙂
    robin

#216905 Reply

Greg

Did you change both other->blob and INTERVAL->INTERVALS or just the first one. Because the syntax error seems associated with the other data type. So you could probably just change that one and leave the INTERVAL column name the same. that might reduce future problems.

#216932 Reply

robinsingh

hi Greg
    yea i had earlier changed both of them
    but now i tried just doing other -> blob and instancepk -> blob
    and i have kept interval as is . didnt do interval ->intervals.
    it works like this.
    you are rite ..that might reduce future problems.
    thanks for the follow up
    robin

#216947 Reply

robinsingh

There is one more problem i have struck into ::

Just like the hypersonic db’s data gets stored in
    jboss4\server\default\data\hypersonic

i need to know where the mySQL gets stored in.
    acc . to my observation it doesnt get stored in the corresponding
    jboss4\server\default\data\mySQL

no such folder gets generated by jboss at runtime if mysql is configured to be
    working with jboss 4.0 (both RC1 and final versions)

in one of the applications i working on rite now, i need to know this
    so that i can delete the already created tables in the mySQL database.
    the book (written corresponding to hypersonic db) deletes contents
    of jboss4\server\default\data\hypersonic
    but when i run my jboss+mysql config , i cannt find no such folder ,
    hence my application crashes.

i was wondering if you could point me to some thread where this might have been discussed. I have tried checking on jboss forums.

regards
    Thanks.
    robin

#217109 Reply

Greg

The MySQL data files should be whereever they were setup during the MySql installation. If this is a linux/unix machine that is /var/lib/mysql/data by default. I’m not for sure on a windows machine. It won’t be stored with jboss but with the mysql installation itself.

#217121 Reply

Riyad Kalla

Typically: C:\mysql\data

#217259 Reply

robinsingh

yea you are right about that .
    just an add up to what you said. :

jboss data gets stored in \mysql\data\jboss

every table say table1 will have corresponding file
    table1.MYD
    table1.MYI
    table1.frm

first quit from command level mysql query tool
    then you can stop mysqld process from windows task manager
    then delete these files
    the corresponding table then gets deleted from mySQL database.

thanks Riyad and Greg .
    you have been very helpful all this time.
    i really appreciate myEclipse’s Support Team’s efforts .
    My $29.99 are really paying off 😀
    Robin

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
Reply To: Where does mySQL data gets stored in jboss? [Closed]

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in