facebook

Will MyEclipse 5 be able to find references in JSP?

1. MyEclipse IDE
  2.  > 
  3. Java EE Development (EJB, JSP, Struts, XDoclet, etc.)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Rob Conaway

In the upcoming release 5 of MyEclipse:

1) When I ask for references to a Java class, will the result include references in JSP files?
      2) When I rename a Java class, will any references in JSP files be renamed?

I’ve been using MyEclipse for a short time, having switched from BEA WebLogic Workshop To be honest, I’ve been pretty disappointed not to have these features. I became very dependent on them with Workbench.

Thank you for your help.

Rob

#252490 Reply

Riyad Kalla

1) Yes, this works in 5.0M1 if you’d like to test it out with a clean install.
    2) Yes, again, works in 5.0M1 if you want to try it.

If you do decide to try 5.0M1 be sure to use Eclipse 3.2RC5 and MyEclipse 5.0M1 in new dirs with a new workspace.

#252789 Reply

Rob Conaway

Thank you for the reply. I had already installed Eclipse 5.0M1, but I guess I didn’t take enough time looking at it. With your confirmation that these features work, I fussed around with it enough to make it work.

#253313 Reply

rtulloh

I don’t know if this is a MyEclipse issue or a core Eclipse issue, but Ctl-Shift-T should allow you to search more than just ava types in the J2Ee mode. That would help searching immensely. As it stands now, you have to use the menu->Search->File mechanism and that requires more clicks and typing than should be required. If someone knows a solution to this, I would love to know it.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Will MyEclipse 5 be able to find references in JSP?

You must be logged in to post in the forum log in